It's A Date

Hey guys!

I have a tumblr now, follow me! It's prettyprincess45.

Prompt: Carley is supposed to be on a date with Doug, and he doesn't show. Lee is supposed to be out with his girlfriend, but she doesn't show. Lee sees the beautiful girl sitting alone and looking sad and decides to join her. Modern AU.

This is loosely based on a true story, don't ask. I'm sure you will anyway, so PM me if you want to know.

XX

Lee looked at his watch. An hour had gone by since he had been sitting in the restaurant, waiting for his girlfriend. A whole fucking hour. The waiter had asked him if he wanted to order several times, and he refused each time. He was waiting for her to arrive, and it was apparent to Lee that she never was going to show.

Lee pulled out his phone, texting his girlfriend again. He sighed as it sent and then sent a text to his brother.

Bro, she's not coming. He said. He knew that his brother would respond, and he did so in 10 seconds.

Leave.

Lee texted back as quickly as he could.

What if she comes and thinks I'm dissing?

He texted back Who gives a shit? She made you wait a fucking hour man.

Lee put his phone away, sighing. Maybe his brother was right.

He started to get up when he spotted the woman. She was sitting at her table, alone just like him. He guessed they she had been abandoned too, because she had tears in her eyes. She was absolutely gorgeous, and now he had the perfect excuse to talk to her. Sure, he had a girlfriend, but he was planning on dumping her soon anyway.

"Hey, mind if I join you?" He asked, sitting across from her.

"Sure, but I am waiting for somebody." The woman snapped, and Lee could tell she was on the verge of tears.

"How long have you ben waiting?" He asked.

"Why do you care?" She asked.

"Because I've been waiting too, for an hour already."

"For a girl?"

"What do you mean by that?" He asked, laughing.

"No, I don't mean it like that. You could be waiting for a family member for all I know." She said.

"No, I'm waiting for a girl."

"I'm waiting for a guy. He's kept me waiting for over an hour. I don't think he's coming. I texted him multiple times."

"I know exactly what you're going through, that's the same thing that's happening to me. Hey, maybe they're hooking up."

She laughed. She was starting to like this guy, this random guy that sat with her. "I'm Carley." She said, holding out her hand.

Lee shook with her. Her hand was warm and soft. "I'm Lee."

"Nice to meet you." She said with a smile.

"Same."

"I'm wondering if I should call Doug right now and dump his ass." Carley said, laughing.

"Doug? That's the hi you're waiting for?"

"Yeah. He dissed me last week to, left me alone at the movies." She pulled out her phone.

"What an asshole. Tell you what. You call him and I'll call my girlfriend."

Carley laughed. "Okay." She smirked.

Lee pulled out his phone. He had no idea why he had suggested that, but he was going to anyway, because she was already dialing a number into her phone. For some reason, he was satisfied at the thought of her dumping her boyfriend.

"Hey Dougie." She purred into the phone. Lee began to laugh, but Carley put a finger to her lips, a signal to be quiet.

"Oh really? I'm at the restaurant, asshole." She said into the phone. "Don't give me that. This is the second time that this had happened. We're done."

Lee heard begging on the other line, but Carley hung up on the guy. She put her phone down on the table, smiling down at it in satisfaction. "Thank you." She told Lee quietly.

"For what?" Lee asked, confused.

"If you hadn't say here with me, I probably wouldn't have done that. I've been meaning to for awhile, I just never had the guts. But now I do, thanks to you." She said, smiling at him. In the few minutes that they had known each other, he had already come to love her smile.

"My pleasure." He joked.

"You gonna call your girl?"

Lee looked down at his phone nervously.

"No, you don't have to. I'm just joking."

"I will." He said, picking up the phone. He called her three times, and she didn't answer any.

"I'll call her tonight." He said. And for some reason, he felt that he really meant it.

Then the waiter came over and asked for their orders. They talked while they were waiting for the food, while they were eating, and even after they were done. They found a lot of pleasure in each other's company. Lee never wanted to leave, neither did Carley.

As they were getting ready to leave, Lee did the craziest thing. On a small piece of paper, he wrote his number. And he gave it to Carley.

"Since Doug is out of the picture and your contact list, I decided that you might need someone to fill his space in your phone, you know?" He winked.

She smiled and gave him her number.

They parted ways, and Lee couldn't be happier. As he drive home, he stared at the small piece of paper on his hand, knowing that he had two calls to make tonight.