Small Feet

Prompt: Carley is pregnant but doesn't want to tell Lee. Kenny knows and tells her that she should tell Lee.

XX

Carley ran a hand through her hair, not knowing what the hell to do. The only thing that she knew for sure was that she was positively screwed. She looked down at the pregnancy test in her hand. Of course it was positive. Negative would've meant that everything would be the same and she wouldn't be in deep, deep, trouble. Positive meant that everything would change for her, and not for the better.

"Shit! Damn it." She called out to nobody in particular. This was what she didn't want. What the hell was she going to tell Lee? He was surely the father, she had never slept with anyone else.

She felt tears form in her eyes and buried her face in her hands. She didn't want to cry, but she couldn't help it. The tears ran down her cheeks, and there was no way to stop them. This was a mess, and she couldn't help but feel that it was all her damn fault.

She almost had a heart attack when she heard the bathroom door swing open. She looked up. Even though her vision was blurry from her tears, she could make out one figure. Kenny.

"Oh shit. Sorry." Kenny said, backing out of the door.

"It's okay. I was just leaving." Carley rubbed her eyes and got up. As she began to walk, she realized something. She still had the positive pregnancy test in her hand. She tried to hide it, but it was too late.

"Is that a..." Kenny began. He widened his eyes in shock.

"It's nothing." Carley said quickly. "Seriously."

"Carley, I know what a damn pregnancy test looks like. Now it ain't my business but..."

"You were right, this isn't your business."

"Okay." Kenny shrugged. Carley felt herself tear up again. Kenny began to walk away again, this time to give her privacy. But Carley grabbed his arm and pulled him back inside.

"Screw it, Kenny. I need help." She said, chocking back sobs.

"What?" Kenny asked.

"The test was positive. Lee is the father. I don't know what to tell him. I don't think in going to."

"You have to tell him if he's the father. You can't just hide that, he will find out eventually."

"Yeah, but I can't. I don't know what to say. This is just... God, this is bad. I never get this worked up. Can you tell him for me? You know, since you two are best friends. I'm just too nervous."

"You have to. Even if I do tell him, he's gonna want to hear it from you personally. Just tell him."

"How?"

This, Kenny couldn't answer. He didn't know. "I don't know. Just say it."

She was great flu for his help. Extremely grateful. "I'll try I guess. Do you think he'll be any bit happy?"

"Of course he will. Why wouldn't he be?" Kenny sounded genuine.

"Maybe he isn't ready for this."

"You won't know until you tell him."

Carley didn't want to do this. But Kenny was right, he had to find out, and it was better sooner than later. "Thanks." She mumbled. She threw the test in the garbage and exited the bathroom.

"What the hell were you two doing in there?" Lilly asked as soon as Carley stepped out. Carley rolled her eyes.

"We weren't doing shit. Calm down. Where's Lee?"

Lilly pointed to Lee's direction, shrugging her shoulders. Carley took a deep breath and approached him.

"Hey." He said, smiling. He was sitting with Clementine. Carley knew that she didn't need to hear any if this, so she asked to talk to Lee privately.

"What's up?" He asked her.

"I have something to tell you." She said.

"What is it?"

"Well... I'm..." She started, but she couldn't finish.

"You're what?"

"I'm pregnant." She spat out, quickly turning away. He took her into his arms and held her close.

"Really? So we're having a baby?" He didn't seem angry or anything, which was good.

"Yeah." Carley answered. She closed her eyes, bracing for this next moment. How would he react? Would he do just what she was fearing, dump her because of this news?

"That's the greatest thing I've heard in a long time." Lee answered, smiling and kissing her.

Guess it wasn't as bad as I thought... Carley thought as she kissed him back.