22) Choni vs Cheronica (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

She gets into her car and drives to Cheryl's house.

Once she arrives she knocks on the door and Cheryl opens it.

"Veronica, what are you doing here?"

"I told him. I told Archie the truth," Veronica says.

"You did? How did he take it?" Cheryl asks.

"Surprisingly well. He was really understanding."

"That's great!" Cheryl says. "But wait, what does that mean for us?"

"Cheryl Blossom," Veronica says.

"Yeah?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?" she asks.

"Of course!" Cheryl says excitedly as she wraps her arms around Veronica.

Veronica gladly accepts her hug and they stand there for a moment in each others arm until a car is heard coming up the driveway and they separate.

"You should go," Cheryl says as she worriedly looks down the driveway.

"Oh, okay. I understand, but before I go I have to ask one thing," Veronica says.

"And what is that?" Cheryl wonders.

"Would you want to have dinner at my place tonight?" Veronica asks with a huge grin on her face.

"I'd love to."

"Great, see you at 6?"

Cheryl smiles as Veronica walks to her car. "See you at six."

Veronica gets into her car and leaves just as Penelope pulls up to the house. Their cars pass each other for a brief second and Penelope grimaces when she sees Veronica in the car.

"What was she doing here?" Penelope asks as she gets out of her car and walks over to the door.

Cheryl's smile fades. "She just stopped by to grab her phone charger. Turns out she forgot to grab it this morning," she lies.

Penelope doesn't comment any further. She waltzes inside and Cheryl shuts the door behind her.

"I hope you don't plan on having me at dinner tonight," Cheryl says.

"Where could you possibly be going?" Penelope scoffs.

"I'm going over to Veronica's. We have a big test Monday and we need to study. While I'm over there she said I could eat dinner with them. I don't think I'm spending the night though. I'm not sure. I should ask," Cheryl is talking to her mother at first but begins to think out loud.

"Well, if you do stay, be home tomorrow at a reasonable time. We will have guests for dinner tomorrow and I'm going to need your help."

"Got it," Cheryl says as she turns away from Penelope and walks upstairs.

She texts Veronica to see if she can spend the night and Veronica says yes. Cheryl packs a bag and heads over to Veronica's at 5:45.

Once Cheryl reaches the Pembrooke she goes upstairs and knocks on the door of the Lodge residence. The door opens and she is greeted with a hug from Veronica.

"Hey, come in," Veronica says and Cheryl walks inside to see Veronica's parents sitting on the couch. "This is my mom and dad," Veronica introduces them. "Mom, dad, this is Cheryl."

"Hello, you can call me Hermione," she says with a smile.

"And you can call me Hiram or Mr. Lodge. Whatever you please."

"Thank you," Cheryl says. "I'm glad that you are taking me in for the night as a guest."

Hermione smiles. "Anytime dear."