Chapter Twenty Seven

Hi guys and girls!!! I'm so sorry I haven't written a new chapter in almost a month??!! But sadly this one is short and I apologize for that, I've just been so busy but here is Chapter Twenty Seven!! Enjoy!!

Also!! If you were questioning why I get more votes than reads or why I get more reads than votes? I'm way ahead of ya, I have done my research and found out that it is either a glitch from how my story was made and hasn't caught up with itself yet, or because there are SO MANY stories on Wattpad that it's glitching all together, let's face it, Wattpad isn't perfect but we all still very much LOVE this app!

I wake up to a sound of a phone ringing. I look around confused, I had fallen asleep without realizing it. River groans as he reaches his long arm for the phone, he grabs it pressing his thumb against the screen and then putting it up to his ear, "Hello?" He yawns.

I hear a male voice on the other line, River moves on the edge of the bed as he realizes who it is, "Are you sure?" River asks. He moves his hand through his messy hair. A few moments later he smiles to himself and then he turns his face to me still with a smiling face. "What?" I mouthed to him. He nods his head while putting up his index finger signaling me to wait.

He ends the call and forcefully hugs me pushing my body to lay down back on the bed. He kisses my cheek, and then he grabs both of my hands inter twining our fingers, he pulls me back up to my sitting position. He's laughing while using my hands to dance as if we were two girls who were drunk at a dance club.

I giggle, "River? What is it?"

"Scott is back in prison. And they're moving him to another state so he can't escape again."

I stare at him as if he has two heads with a third eye. "Are you serious?"

He smiles grows big and nods his head, bursting out a big laugh.

I hug him, my arms are wrapped around his neck, I sigh in relief as I close my eyes and smile to myself. I won't have to worry about Scott anymore, he can't hurt me or River.

"He can't break us." River states while whispering in my ear.

I smile even more the second he says that. River was right, Scott couldn't break us. River and I are safe from a murderer. He lets go of our hug and wraps his hand around mine, our eyes meet, I explore his face. His smile growing bigger every second more he stares at me, his eyes getting bigger just by looking at me.

His smile decreases a little, he shakes his head as if he couldn't believe this was happening, he looks me in my eyes, giving me chills down my spine.

"There is no one like you, Bethany Skye." He says calmly.

I feel my face heat up by his comment but luckily for me it's dark, I know he couldn't see my face slowly turning pink if he did I know he would laugh at me.

I yawn as the sleepiness starts to remind my brain that it is still nighttime. "Let's go back to bed, yeah?" He suggests.

I nod, returning back to my spot I was sleeping in, and as does River. We both get under the covers, I turn my face to River's as our noses begin to touch. "Good night, Bethany." River whispers.

"Good night, River. Sweet dreams." I say as I hear his breathing turning into a slow routine.

I don't keep track of mine but shortly later, so does mine.