Chapter Ten

"It can't be you.." I whisper.

He tilts his head to the side, confused, "I'm sorry, do I know you?"

I feel a rush of emotion, does my own dad not remember me? That's impossible.

"I'm Bethany Skye, you're daughter." I clarify.

He takes a step back, holding his hands in front of him as if I was going to attack. He face is pale and he looks terrified.

"No, you're dead, I remember, I killed you and you're mother, this can't be true." He breathes heavily.

I exchange looks with Scott as he looks just as scared and concerned as I do. I walk closer to my dad, "No, we made it out, you didn't kill us, you did injure us but not badly."

He falls to his knees and passes out, I run to him, he has that same scar on his left cheek, when he was little he was bit by a dog and needed stitches, but my dad kept opening them on accident so it took forever to heal and just made it more noticeable.

Scott picks him up and carries him inside, I shut the door behind me and rush over to Scott who lays my dad down on the couch where I slept in.

I look to Scott, "Is he going to be okay?" I ask.

He kisses my forehead and gives me a reassuring smile, "He's going to be okay, he just needs some rest, I'm sure when he wakes up he'll be fine, Flower."

I nod my head and look at the man who tried his best to kill his own family.

"Scott, I need to tell you something.."

Scott nods his head and takes my hand and leads me to his room, which has plenty of space.

I sit down on his comforting bed and rub the sheets with my hand and feel its softness.

He sits down next to me and waits for me to talk, "Scott, I never told anyone this because, I well, thought it was crazy and no one would believe me, but there's more to the story of my dad then I said."

"What do you mean?"

I sigh, "When my dad started acting strange, I didn't understand it, I didn't understand why he would hit me, or touch me or be another person I had never met, so I did some research, and I know why he was being the way he was."

"What did you find?"

"A demon."

Scott's expression changed.

"I know it sounds crazy but he always smelled like rotting meat when he passed me, and that indicates demonic activity, and something would always bang the doors at night, and it would always come in threes and then stopped at dawn, that means it's a insult to the Father, The son and the holy spirit. I thought there was demon inside my dad.."

I breathe in, "This is why I didn't want to get involved with Christianity, it scares me to know the devil exits."

Scott pulls me in for a hug and strokes my hair, "I believe you."

Scott stops the hug and gets up to his feet

"What are you going to do?" I ask shyly.

He gets up from his knees and turns to face me, "Gonna see what we're up against."

That sends chills down my spine.