Inspiration, Desperation, Determination

Start from the beginning

"Never, I just need to see Anson. You know, get his opinion on some things. It won't take long," I said standing up and stretching.

"I don't think that's a good idea Freya. Maybe you should wait until-" too late, I was already teleporting to Anson's apartment. I landed hard on the ground as soft music play throughout the space. I saw Anson sitting at the foot of his bed wrapped up in a tune he was making. He had on long black Nike sweatpants and a black hoodie with the sleeves cut off and was gently stroking a ukulele.

Anson acknowledged I was here but continue to play. I walked over to him and sat down on the ground ready to be wrapped up in the song. His voice was smooth and clear and quiet, yet powerful. Soothing, in a way. I know you don't really call a guy's voice beautiful, but Anson's was.

I looked over to a nearby clock and saw it was almost two in the morning. It was only midday for Cecilia and me. But Anson was still up.

I couldn't even tell if it was words that came from his mouth or the lyrics that just made me feel relaxed. He finished and I gave him a round of applause, "Bravo, bravo!"

"It's pretty good. Still work-shopping, but it'll get there eventually. What brings you out of hiding?" Anson said putting down the ukulele and standing up to stretch. He offered me his hand and I took it, "Beer? Or wine?"

"Beer tastes like dirty dishwater," I said remembering in college everyone drank Natty light. I couldn't take more than half a sip before wanting to puke my guts out.

"Wine it is, then," Anson said walking over to the stainless-steel fridge and pulling out a bottle of Arbor Mist Strawberry Wine. It made me smile because that was my mom's go to wine.

I went and sat at the kitchen island and watched as Anson poured the wine into two glasses, "Where's the girl that's always here?"

"Evelyn? One of her friends is having a bachelorette party weekend. Can you believe she didn't want me to be the stripper?" I laughed at that.

"The nerve of her not wanting her boyfriend to be sexualized by other women who are her friends."

"I think that's already happening," Anson said is he pushed a wine glass in front of me. "We going to beat around the bush or we going to talk about Hades Playground? Your God-killer status-"

"Haven doesn't want me around and I'm working on a tight deadline. Is there any way that I could use The Orders Library and do some research?" I said, cutting straight to the chase.

"I can't say yes. Roman has to make that call and he has his ass on his shoulders at the moment with trying to take credit for making a God-Killer. But I'm pretty sure he didn't do jack shit other then-"

"Point me in the direction of my death?" To be fair, he did give me answers when no one else would. But he also lied, omitted the fact that I would be powerless once I got down there.

"You could use my internet if you want to? Whatever books you're looking for I'll try and bring them back here," Anson said finishing his glass and pouring himself another.

"Thank you. I'm going stir-crazy with just Cecilia around," that was no lie. Normally anime, or any type of cartoon is something you can just turn your brain on to. Not with Cecilia, everything had to be questioned, and that was getting annoying.

"No problem, it's the least I can do. Are you still jealous of your big sister?" Anson said mockingly.

Yes. "No, I just hate being confined to one place," and I wasn't doing anything.

"You can lie to yourself, but you can't lie to me. I see it in your eyes," he said.

"New topic, are you still training with Hercules at Haven sometimes?" I quickly asked.