21.) Wanting a change

Start from the beginning

"So? You got a bed and tv in dea don't you? Let her be da one to do da decorating. But Y'all needa get away for a while." He said.

"Come wit us... I don't want her away from Y'all," I said. "Y'all need dis time alone bruh, she doesn't need us but she needs you." He clarified and I thought about it.

"I'll think about it," I mumbled. "What are you scared of? Why don't you wanna be alone with her?" He asked.

"I'm not scared," I replied. "I think you are Aug, I can hold shit down while you and she take some time for y'all selves and plus Atlanta ain't nothing but five to six hours away from hea. If you want to drive back some night den do dat, but y'all need to get gone for a while." He said and I nodded.

"I'll talk to her about it," I replied about to walk away but he stopped me. "Go ask her now, I'll be downstairs." He said nudging me some and I sighed but went ahead and walked into the room.

He closed the door and I walked over to where Skylar was at and grabbed the chair and sat down in front of her.

"Can we talk shortie?" I asked placing my hand on her leg and she looked over at me and nodded slowly.

"Remember when we were talking about my safe house?" I asked and she nodded. "How would you feel if I wanted us to hang out there for a while?" I asked.

"I thought you didn't have any furniture?" She asked scrunching her face up and I chuckled.

"I got things I need like a bed, tv, food and hygiene shit," I told her and she smiled softly.

"What about work?" She asked and I shrugged. "I won't be missing no money," I assured. "Ok." She mumbled and I stood up and picked her up.

"Are you down?" I asked and she nodded. "I'm down." She replied softly and I chuckled sitting on the bed.

"I have to pick up dis shipment wit Nell are you okay if I leave for a few?" I asked. "How long will you be gone?" She asked staring at me.

"Once we make sure everything is there and we divide da products amongst da Traps, we'll be back," I told her and she nodded.

I reached over her and grabbed her medication and the glass of water and handed it to her.

"Tryna put me to sleep?" She asked smirking and I laughed. "Not like dat ma, it's time again," I said nodding towards the clock.

"I hate these things." She mumbled before popping the pill in her mouth then washed it down with the water.

"It helps... I might gotta get you to invest in some weed, but I don't know how you would react to dat." I said putting the stuff back.

"Maybe we can try for my birthday?" She suggested. "Maybe, you want me to turn you into a luh badass so bad." I joked and she giggled laying down.

"I do not." She defended and I laughed laying down with her. "I love you August." She said before yawning.

"I love you shortie," I replied placing a kiss on her forehead then rested my face in her neck.

"Be careful out there." She mumbled. "I will."

*
*

TRINA
later that day

"Hey boo!" I spoke placing my purse down and closed and locked the door.

"Hey...how was work?" She asked. "Long as shit... I didn't have time to check in wit da ladies." I stressed plopping down next to her and she sat up slowly then winced.