Chapter 2

Word Count: 1137

Draco's POV:

I sat at a small table in the far corner of the library a few minutes before Potter was supposed to arrive. The sister Potter, not the brother obviously. The reason I asked Potterette (that's what I will call her, don't laugh.) to meet me was because I needed help. I knew that since she is a Potter, she would be too nice to tell the whole school, or simply wouldn't care enough to do so.

I needed help with Charms, which happened to be her best subject. I would know, we have all the same classes together, which tends to be more of a pain than anything else. I wait around five more minutes after 8:30 when she arrives, carrying her school bag over her shoulder.

"I thought I said not to be late," I say rudely as she walks closer. I can make out the slight flush in her cheeks as though she were previously outside in the cold night air.

"You're lucky I came at all. If you're going to be so disrespectful, then I can leave." she sassed me, turning back to face the door. I jump forward, and grab her forearm, looking into her bright green eyes. She glared for a moment after looking down at my hand on her lower arm, but her gaze seemed to soften ever so slightly. "What is it you need?" she asked shortly.

"I need your help," I answered reluctantly, looking off to the side rather than her eyes. She raised her eyebrows, but didn't make fun as I thought she would.

"With?" she pushed.

"Er, Charms," I say sheepishly. She smirks.

"The Draco Malfoy needs my help with Charms?" she teased. I scowled, although her taunts weren't unexpected.

"Shut up, Potter," I snapped. She chuckled slightly.

"And why should I help you if you're going to be so rude?" she said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Because you're a Potter," I replied simply as though it answered everything.

"And what is that supposed to mean?" she said, quirking an eyebrow.

"It means that you're too nice for your own good. Which is why you're going to tutor me." I explained. She scoffed, stepping away from me with a look of indignation.

"You assume incorrectly. I'm not always so nice. Especially not to someone like you." She sounded disgusted by me, and that hurt for some odd reason. I simply shook it off, and didn't let any emotion show except for arrogance accompanying my usual smirk. She attempted to walk away again, and I stopped smiling immediately. "Please. If I fail, my father will never forgive me." I told her truthfully. She hesitated, looking down at her feet.

Y/n's POV:

"Please. If I fail, my father will never forgive me." he said, and I could easily tell he was speaking the truth. I hesitate, thinking for a moment while studying my shoes. I look up, and study his features, noticing the dark bags under his grey eyes. For once they aren't sparkling.

"Fine. I'll help you." I gave in, making him grin widely.

"Excellent. We'll start right away." With that, he walked over to the table and lifted his books and notes onto it.

"Um, are you sure? I mean, it's nearly curfew." I asked, surprised by his sudden urgency.

"Since when are you worried about our curfew? I've heard stories, Potterette," I attempted to resist the urge to laugh, but was unsuccessful, and burst into a fit of giggles. He grinned more. "You like the name?" I felt myself blushing a little for some reason. The name was undoubtedly ghastly, yet I found myself grinning at its stupidity.

"It's... interesting," I replied, trying to stop the reddening of my cheeks. He must have noticed, because he smirked, and took a step forward, and I could smell a hint of citrus from his strong cologne.

"I think you like it more than you're letting on," he said suggestively. I narrowed my eyes in response.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I told him. He chuckled again, looking at me out of the corner of his eye.

"I think you do," he answered.

"I think we should start studying if we're going to at all." I said, sounding slightly flustered. I walked over to where his things were, and set down my bag, taking out my Charms notes. I could feel his eyes on me, but decided to ignore it. I took a seat, and gestured to the spot beside me. He sat down, leaning closer to look at the sheets of paper in front of me.

"You write too much." he said blatantly, forcing me to hold back a laugh.

"Why do you think I've done so well? Maybe you should try writing a bit more." I said, removing my wand from my robes. "Charms are very important," I started.

"I know, I know. It's just very hard to pay attention," he whined. I gave a slight smile, which he, surprisingly, returned. I felt myself begin to blush once more, but I pushed it back. No one can make me do anything I don't want to, especially not Malfoy, I thought to myself. We worked for a while after curfew, reading the books, writing notes, and teaching extra tips for some spells. I looked at the clock on the wall, seeing it was nearly midnight.

"We had better get back to the common room, I'd rather not be caught by Filch," I exclaimed in a whisper. He nodded, and began picking up his things, as I started with mine. He helped me to pack up some of my notes, which was a bit odd, but appreciated nonetheless, then we were off. When we reached the bottom of the stairs up to the respective dormitories, he turned to me.

"Same time, same place, tomorrow night. Is that alright?" he asked. I was surprised he asked me if it worked for me, and apparently it showed in my expression. "What? Are you surprised I wanted to continue?"

"No, that's not it. It doesn't matter. Same time works, as long as you don't get angry if I'm a few minutes late," I joked. He smiled a little. Not his usual smirk to my surprise.

"Can't make any promises," he said. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"I'll see you tomorrow then." I said, and he nodded. I waved a little, and headed up to my bed. I thought about how I liked this version of Malfoy much better than the one that was always rude to me and awful to my friends. I thought about the terrible nickname he gave me, and almost giggled again. I lay in my bed thinking for a moment, but I was soon drifting into a blissful sleep.