Chapter 27

Word count: 857

Draco's POV:

Potter saw me in the hallway with two girls. Potter saw me in the hallway with two girls. This is not good, not good at all. He was bound to tell Y/n, and she thinks I was in the library with Crabbe and Goyle. She is definitely not going to be happy. Should I tell her the truth? No, I can't do that. She's one of the Chosen Ones, she'll hate my guts, and there's no way I can go without her right now. Not with what's going on with me. I couldn't bear losing her. Walking into the dungeons, I wrack my brain for an excuse as to why I wasn't with Vincent and Gregory when she questions why I was with two girls instead. Really, I was with the boys. They boys disguised as girls, but she couldn't know that. I say the password and push open our portrait. There she is, her black hair cascading lazily over her shoulders as she rests on an armchair by the fire. Everytime I see her I can't help but grin from ear to ear, no matter what else had happened.
"Hello, gorgeous," I say smoothly, trying to pretend I don't know what's coming. She turns around, crossing her arms over her chest.
"Why were you in the hallway with two girls instead of in the library with two goons like you said you would be?" she asks coldly. I scratch the back of my head nervously, looking at my oxfords rather than her (Ehehe oxfords not brogues. Sorry, I'll leave now.).
"Sorry," I mumble.
"I don't care if you're sorry. I want to know why." she says sternly, placing her fingers under my chin and forcing me to look her in the eye. "Are you cheating on me?" Her voice sounds like glass and I waste no time in telling her the truth.
"No. Of course not. I may be a bit of a prick sometimes, but I'm not that much of an arse. I care about you more than you might think," I explain, taking her hands in mine. She brushes my knuckles with her thumb, smiling, before letting go again.
"Then why were you with them and not where you told me you would be?" she asks, frowning.
"I was showing them to an empty classroom. While I was in the library, McGonagall had asked me to," I lie. She grins brighter this time, and my heart aches to tell her the truth.
"Alright. Thank you for telling me even though I probably shouldn't be in your business so much," she says, snuggling her face into my shoulder, and I place a gentle kiss on the top of her head. Still, I can't help feeling guilty. Guilt? That's definitely a new one. Malfoy's aren't supposed to have feelings, much less guilt. I couldn't help it. Y/n was... Y/n, and she changed me. Hopefully for the better, but it might not be 'better' to everyone. Suddenly, I hear a whistle, and look over to see Goyle waving me over to him. Then he points at Y/n and shakes his head. Sighing, I look over at my girlfriend, who seemed to have zoned out a bit.
"Y/n, I have to go for a minute. Meet me in my prefect dorm after dinner?" I say. She grins and nods her head before skipping out of the common room. I watch her leave with a stupid smile on my face, then walk over to my 'friends' to see what they want.

Y/n's POV:
~Dinner~
Walking into the Great Hall, I spot my brother and Ron sitting along the Gryffindor table near me. I was about to head over to my house table when I saw them waving me down. I walk quickly over to where they're seated with a confused expression on my face.
"Hi, guys. What's the matter?" I ask.
"We wanted to know if you found anything about why Malfoy was with those two girls," Harry says, looking up at me intently. I purse my lips, not liking how curious he was, but the information I had couldn't harm anyone. It's not like Draco had done anything wrong.
"He had been told to show the girls to an empty classroom while he was in the library with Crabbe and Goyle," I explain in a bored tone.
"Oh..." Harry looks almost disappointed for a reason I can't quite place.
"Can I go to my table now?" I ask impatiently. He just waved me off and I roll my eyes, walking over to my respective table. Draco wasn't there, but Zabini kept me company instead. It was better than sitting alone, I suppose.

After dinner, I knock on Draco's door, smoothing my shirt in a slightly nervous manner. I wonder what he could be planning. It doesn't take long for him to throw the door open, a grin growing on his face as he scans mine.
"Go get changed then come back down here," he says quickly.
"Into what, might I ask?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. He smirks widely.
"Pajamas."