Chapter 7

A/N- This one changes perspective quite a bit. Sorry if you get confused! It goes Draco, Y/n, Draco, Y/n, Draco.

Word count: 1223

~~~

Draco's POV:

I race into the Slytherin common room with the dim hope that she might have retreated there after the outburst. The second I got into the dungeons I wanted to call out for her, but that wasn't an option for multiple reasons. Instead, I slide into the common room, praying to see her seated on one of the black velvet couches.

"Hey, Dacy-poo," I hear behind me as I scan the dimly lit room.

"What do you want, Pansy?" I sigh in frustration, already exceedingly irritated with her high-pitched tone of voice.

"Oh, nothing. You seem tense, is something wrong?" she asks in her annoying baby voice, evidently wanting me to continue the conversation with her. I had no intention to do so.

"No. Have you seen Y- Potter? The girl one, obviously." I ask, not bothering to care about what she wants to say. I am far too distracted by everything else going on. The important things, at least.

"The Gryffindor lover? No." she says, sounding disgusted. I purse my lips, but don't say anything, "Why? What do you need from her?" she presses.

"Nothing. It's none of your business," At that I rush back out of the common room to find the pissed off Slytherin.

~~~

Y/n's POV:

I walked through the corridors to the Great Hall where I would look for my brother first. I watch my feet as I walk rather than where I was walking, which was most definitely not a good idea, because within minutes I ran into someone.

"Sor—" I start, but I stop myself as soon as my eyes meet a pair of silvery gray ones. My expression immediately changes from calm to livid. I use my shoulder to shove him back and walk past, but he grabs my wrists. I try to yank my arms away, but his grip is too strong.

"Let me go," I tell him, forcefully.

"I want to talk to you." he says, looking down sadly.

"Well, I don't want to listen, so goodbye." I try again to remove my wrists from his grasp, but he just holds tighter and pulls me closer. I feel my cheeks flush, so I look to the side.

"Well, you don't seem to have much of an option," he observes, smirking. I sigh defeatedly.

"What do you want?" I snap, ignoring the heat in my face.

~~~

Draco's POV:

"What do you want?" she asks, sharply.

"I want to apologize," She rolls her brilliant green eyes and I feel my stomach do a somersault, "I was a bit of an arse," I admit, looking away. She gives a small chuckle.

"No kidding."

"Just please don't be mad at me," I continue. She furrows her brow.

"What you said was not okay," she says. I wince slightly at her blunt truth.

"I know, and I'm so so sorry. I haven't quite learned to think before I act," I explain truthfully. I remove my hands from her wrists and gently take her hands in mine. "I just want you back." I whisper the last part, but I know she can hear me. I can feel my face burn as she looks up at me. She looks down again with her nose scrunched up cutely. Did you just call her cute? I scold myself in my head before she begins to speak again.

"Why do you need me? Can't you just find someone else to tutor you?" she asks, sounding sad. I put my fingers out and lift her chin so she's looking in my eyes.

"I'm not referring to the tutoring," I say quietly. There's a small but comfortable silence for a moment where I suppose she's contemplating what I said.

"What are you talking about then?" she asks calmly. It seems to be less of a question, more a way to confirm her thoughts. I inhale slowly.

"Meet me in the library tonight at ten and I'll explain, just please, forgive me," I say quietly. She nods and gives a small smile.

"I forgive you." I grin brightly at her response.

"Sit with me at lunch," I say, and at that she nods and walks past. Still grinning I make my way back to the common room.

~~~

Y/n POV:

I walk to the Great Hall with a small smile on my face. I almost forgot that I'm still mad at Harry. Almost. The second I step into the Hall and see him, I remember. I furrow my brows when I see him walk towards me, but the memory of my encounter with Draco helps to calm my initial anger.

"Hermione said you wanted to talk?" I say coolly.

"Yes. I wanted to talk about what happened at breakfast—"

"Save it. I don't want to hear your excus—"

"I didn't do it," he says louder in order to talk over me. I pause, studying him for signs of a lie.

"What do you mean, Harry?"

"I didn't put it into Ron's drink," he explains. He reaches into his pocket then holds up the still full bottle of Liquid Luck.

"Good idea I guess. Pity it didn't do much good," I joke, smirking. He punches my arm playfully.

"Shut up."

I laugh then look at my watch.

"I should find Hermione, it's nearly time for lunch," I say. "She saw Ron and Lavender Brown and ran off to the library."

"Oh no. I'll come with you," Harry says. We both make our way down to the library to comfort our mutual best friend.

~~~

Draco's POV:

I walk into the common room, grinning like an idiot. I slump down on the couch, sitting there, thinking of my conversation with Y/n. The way she makes me feel is almost indescribable, but I know it's confusing. I shouldn't like her, she's friends with Gryffindors, and my father would never approve. She's kind and intelligent and happy, and I just don't deserve her. She gives off a kind of warmth that someone who's gone through as much as she has shouldn't have. I'd likely just make her life more complicated with what I'm dealing with. I rub my eyes and scold myself, trying to say that I don't like her. Trying to say that she's just another person in my life to use as a stepping stone to get to where I need to be.
Still, I find myself thinking of her smile and the intellect behind her eyes, until a body falls on top of mine.

"What?" I yell, jumping out of my thoughts to see Pansy Parkinson sitting on my lap.

"Hey, Dracy-Poooo," she coos in her babyish voice. I nearly gag while trying to move myself from underneath her.

"Get off me, Pansy," I growl, trying to push her away. She clings to my arm, looking up at me through her make up covered eyelashes trying far too hard to be cute.

"Why, Dracie?"

"Those nicknames are dreadful," I say, not bothering to spare her feelings, considering she doesn't have a heart.

"No, they aren't! Don't lie to me, Draco." she whines, and I can't cover my ears because her arms still cling to mine like life support.

"I'm not lying. I hate it," I push her off and stand to leave the common room.

"Where are you going, Dracy?"

"Lunch."