Chapter 24

A/N- Omg yay, another chapter! Sorry I took so long. Enjoy!

Word count: 977

Y/n's POV:

Asking Slughorn about horcruxes was disastrous, and even if Harry would, I wasn't planning on questioning the potions master again. I had always been sensitive to yelling, and loud noises in general, so I was not thrilled by the outburst. I was walking into our first apparition lesson with Harry and Hermione as Ronald had already gone with Lavender. There were already quite a few people in the Great Hall where the lessons would be taking place, so it was hard for us to move very far, before an unfamiliar teacher started talking. 

"Good morning," a ministry wizard said over the quieting chatter, "my name is Wilkie Twycross, and I shall be your Ministry Apparition instructor for the next twelve weeks. I hope to be able to prepare you for your Apparition Tests in this time—"

"Malfoy, be quiet and pay attention!" Professor McGonagall barked. My eyes snapped in the direction she had been looking. I saw my boyfriend standing there, flushing pink, and stepping away from Crabbe. They seemed to have been having a row about something, because Draco's face was not only crimson with embarrassment, but with anger as well. I resisted the urge to laugh at the blonde, but he looked over and noticed my struggle before I could successfully hide it. He stuck out his tongue out at me, like the immature child he is. Still, I had to do it back, of course. While Twycross continued his explanation, Draco and I continued making faces at one another until Harry elbowed me in the side. I turned to him, still with a small grin on my face, but then he gestured towards the front, and saw Minnie was glaring at me. I nearly shrunk to the floor at the intensity of her stare, and decided it best to pay attention for a bit. 

After a moment, the ministry wizard finished, and we were told to place ourselves so that we had five feet of clear space in front of us. I moved through the scrambling crowd of students to find Draco. He is rather tall, with vibrant blonde hair, so it wasn't that difficult. Harry followed me for some reason I didn't understand, but I just brushed it off and stood next to Draco, who had ordered Goyle to move out my way and to leave enough space for me. Harry stood to the right and diagonal from me, also with his five feet in front of him. Draco was leaning away from me, whispering furiously to Crabbe. 

"I don't know how much longer, all right?" I heard him say before I looked over to question him. 

"How much longer for what?" I ask curiously. He jumps slightly then puts his arm over my shoulder. 

"Nothing, love," he replies before placing a gentle peck on my forehead and wrapping his arm around my waist. I furrowed my brow before deciding it didn't matter, and I could ask him again later. It took me a moment to realise the ministry wizard had began speaking again. He explained 'the three D's' of apparition, then some old fashioned rings appeared a few feet in front of us. 

"You will be attempting to apparate into the rings placed opposite you," Twycross said simply. I looked away from the teacher, having become bored once again, and looked up to see Harry pretending to gag, and Ron in a fit of giggles. Harry's smile faded, however, once he noticed me glaring in his direction. I turned to Draco, stood on my tip-toes, and planted a defiant kiss on his cheek, before turning back to Harry and raising my eyebrow in a 'what're you going to do about it' sort of manner. 

"On my count, you'll do as you've been instructed, and attempt to apparate into the hoop in front of you," Twycross said, gaining my attention once again. Everyone was shocked at being asked to apparate so soon. "One..." I quickly separated myself from Draco. "Two..." I tried focusing only on my hoop. "Three!" I turned on the spot, only to wobble slightly, and fall flat on my bottom. Next to me, Draco wobbled and fell too, but instead of landing on his bottom, he caught himself with his hands. I pouted as he effortlessly pushes himself off the ground, and put out a hand to help me up. He just winked and gave his usual smirk. 

"Never mind, never mind. Adjust your hoops please," Twycross said, who obviously hadn't expected anything better. Our second try was no better than the first. Harry spun around far too quickly, and ended up accidentally rolling into his hoop rather than apparating into it. Ron stood next to him, clutching his sides and roaring with laughter, while I tried to fight my urge to giggle and make a snarky comment. 

It was not until the fourth try that anything interesting happened. After Twycross' countdown, there was a horrible screech of pain, and every head turned in the direction of the noise. Susan Bones was wobbling in her hoop, with her left leg still standing where she had started. All the Heads of Houses rushed over to her, and in a puff of purple smoke, Susan was reunited with her leg, but still sobbing on the floor in terror. 

In a very bored tone, Twycross explained the subject of 'Splinching' to all of us. 

After another half hour, the splinching was still the most interesting thing to happen. All I did was fall more and laugh at Draco who had nearly done a somersault. We walked out of the Great Hall hand in hand. Draco was rambling on about how he could have easily succeeded in apparating if it weren't for the amount of people in the room. I rolled my eyes, ready to be done for the day.