Chapter 31

A/N- Here you go! Another chapter. It's kind of horrible, and a bit rushed, but I hope you like it. I don't think you all know this, but I make up all of this as I go. I have no clue what I'm writing except few things I picked out that will happen. Anyways, I'll let you read. Enjoy!

Word count: 1730

(I thought it'd be cool to read this one from his perspective. Also, completely not edited 😬)

Draco's POV:

Even through my closed eyes the light hurts. As I open them, I go to rub my face and find that my arm is pinned. Realisation hits and I can't help but grin. Her silky hair was in a mess over tangles over face and shoulder, her long lashes fluttering slightly with every breath, and her full lips slightly parted. Y/n is draped over my side with my arms wrapped protectively around her waist, her face barely inches from mine, and our legs entangled half underneath the covers. My eyes are still bleary with sleep, but I don't want to wake her just yet. It's early in the morning, just when she wanted to be ready, but she seemed so peaceful. Not stressed, not scared, or hurt. I let her sleep for a few more minutes before carefully shaking her shoulders. Her green eyes become slightly visible through narrowed lids and are still glossy with sleep.

"Well, the beast is awoken," I say gently and her hand lazily shoves my now bare chest away from her.

"Go away, let me sleep." she whines, closing her eyes fully again.

"No can do, princess. We have class. Besides, you're the one who asked to be woken up with time to get ready," I explain, pulling her arms. She groans, eyes still shut.

"What time is it?" she asks groggily. I glance over at the clock on my slightly cluttered nightstand.

"Seven o'clock," I reply simply and she throws herself off of the bed to the chair where her uniform and robe lay. "What's wrong?"

"I have maybe a half an hour to get ready before people start coming out of their dorms. My hair itself usually takes double that time," she blurts before running to my bathroom to change. I just throw on my white button down shirt, remove my baggy pyjama pants, replacing them with slacks before grabbing my tie, robe, and bookbag, all in the span of five minutes. Meanwhile, I got the feeling that Y/n hadn't even taken her hair out of the scrunchie.
After about a half an hour, as she had said, she exited the bathroom. Her uniform was perfect, her face cleaned, her hair soaking wet, and an irritated expression on her face as I just sat on the end of my bed waiting for her.

"What's wrong, love?" I question, standing to meet her, but decide against it when she looks about ready to kill.

"My hair is still wet. I've tried every spell known to man, but it won't dry!" she exclaimed, throwing her hands into the air, now looking more upset with herself than someone else, so I figured it would be okay to approach her.

"It's okay, Y/n. No one that matters will care if your hair is wet or not," I say calmly, rubbing my hands up and down her arms.

"I never go to class with wet hair. They're all going to suspect something. My brother knows  I won't go to class with wet hair," she complains, her eyes still slightly narrowed from lack of sleep.

"You'll be fine, love," I reply calmly with a small smile, still holding her arms gently. She lays her forehead on my chest and I can feel her chuckling.

"Remind me to never stay up that late again. I sound like a child," she mumbles and I pull her off of me before grinning down at her.

"Will do. Now let's get to the common room. There shouldn't be too many people yet."
I was wrong.