Chapter 20

A/N- Sorry, this is also short, but TWO CHAPTERS IN ONE DAY! Hope you like it!

Word count: 974

Y/n's POV:

It was nearly dark outside the castle, and I hadn't seen Draco all day. I was beginning to worry, but I honestly had no clue where he could have gone. Despite the life I lived, people disappearing from existence in the early hours of the morning was not all too common. Although, I cant say it hadn't happened before. 

"Abstinence," I said to the Fat Lady, who let me in although rather grudgingly. This time, I didn't have to yell for anyone, for the trio were sitting in their respective armchairs in front of the fire off to my right. 

"Hey, Y/n," Harry greets cheerfully.

"Hi. Have you seen Draco anywhere today?" I ask quickly, glancing around at all of them. Harry and Ron shake their heads while Hermione seemed to be contemplating her answer.

"I think I saw him in the hall this morning, but I haven't seen him at all other than that." she said with a small frown. I pursued my lips and nodded.

"Alright. Thank you." I say shortly, then begin to walk briskly out of their common room. The constant glances I was getting from unfamiliar Gryffindor's was starting to unnerve me more than I already was. 

"Is something wrong, Y/n?" Harry calls after me. I sigh before turning around, and I try for a small smile, but my muscles betrayed me. 

"I don't know. I haven't seen him all day, and I'm beginning to worry," I explain with a frown. Hermione is looking at me with pity, Ron looks like he's thinking, and Harry won't look at me.

"I'm sure he's fine. Maybe he was called home for some reason." Harry says, although it sounds slightly strained. Ron nods in agreement.

"Yeah. I'm sure he'll owl you soon enough," Ron reassures me, glancing quickly at Harry, then back at me. I smile at their efforts to make the situation better.

"Thank you. You're probably right. I was being silly." I reply, shaking my head.

"It's kind of late. You should probably head back to your common room," Hermione suggested, grabbing Harry's arm to look at his watch. I nod, grinning slightly.

"Of course. Goodnight, guys," 

"'Night, Y/n." At that, I exit back out of the portrait hole.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Please, please, don't do this." I whimpered. Wherever I was, it was freezing, and the shadows circling me clung to my kneeling form like cobwebs. 

"Silence, you stupid girl!" An awfully familiar voice hissed, her form blanketed in darkness and obscuring her features. 

"Please! You're better than this!" I cried again, ignoring the woman who had just told me to be quiet. 

"Crucio!" the woman screeched and an unbearable pain took over my body. It was like knives, needles, and glass were being pressed into every square inch of my body. I couldn't help but let out a horrible scream of agony as though it would release some of the torment, but I wasn't so lucky. Internally, I begged to pass out from the pain, to have some sort of escape from the seemingly never ending torture. 

"Stop! Please!" Another familiar voice cried, but I barely heard. Then, the pain stopped, and I was left breathing heavily on the ground. 

"Why? Do you care for this filth?" the woman said, referring to my shivering form. "Just do it, Draco!" she shouted, but it was starting to sound far away. 

"I-I..." he stuttered.

"I'll do it," a bark-like voice said. My mind began swirling with different voices I could hardly make out, making it even harder to tell who was who. 

"No! We have orders." 

"Draco, do it!"

"Severus, please." 

"Avada Kedavra!"

I woke with a start, sitting bolt upright in my bed, skin coated in a cold sweat, and loose chunks of hair sticking to my face. My breathing was laboured, and I thought over the contents of my dream while trying to calm my heart rate. What was Draco being pushed to do? Who were the other people? My heart nearly stopped when I remember the very end of the nightmare. Someone had been killed. It was so real, so possible. Was this something to happen in the future? I just sat on top of my comforter with my knees drawn to my chest, trying to ignore the shivers rippling over my body. So many unanswered questions blurred together in my brain, and I was only taken from my thoughts by a gentle pecking at the window. Careful not to wake any of the other girls, I made my way to the beautiful black eagle owl on the windowsill. It held its claw out to me, revealing a cream coloured envelope with a black stamp sealing it. I quickly removed it, then pet the owl while handing it a few treats, and it flew off, blending into the inky night sky. The letter inside seemed to be hastily written, but I recognised the slanted handwriting almost immediately.

Dearest Y/n,
I'm sorry I left on such short notice. I was called home for an urgent family issue, and I wasn't able to tell you beforehand. I'm not sure when I will return, but hopefully it will be soon. I will explain what I can once I see you again. It is simply dreadful here without you. Hope you are well and don't miss me too much. ~Draco

I grinned down at the letter, thankful it had come when it had. A new sense of comfort washed over me as I set the slip of paper down on my nightstand. It seemed to glance back at me as the paper flapped in the gentle breeze coming through the still open window. Noticing it was starting to become light outside, I slipped into the bathroom to get ready for the day before any of the other girls were up.