Chapter 41

A/N- Hey guys! Sorry, this is sort of a filler and poorly written, but I was bored and thought I'd write a chapter where Y/n basically has a bit of a breakdown from all that's going. I know I would've lol she's got some shit to figure out. It's a bit hard to follow, seeing as I'm writing this at midnight, but oh well. Enjoy! 

Word Count: 744

I didn't leave the hospital wing even after Madame Pomfrey spent five minutes lecturing me about missing classes. A few teammates had come up, wondering what to do about quidditch practices if him and I weren't there. Zabini had asked who I wanted as replacements, and he had rightfully decided it best not to flirt with me as he usually did whenever in my company. I told him to take over my position as captain temporarily, and keep Harper as Draco's replacement like last time. He failed at hiding a grin as he left, seemingly very happy with his short term placement. I knew I would likely only miss one practice, but my team is practically helpless without me. Still, obviously the Gryffindor team would be missing their captain for some time. At least, I hoped they would be. Snape never was lenient with his punishments, especially not towards me and my brother, and for once, I was thankful for that. Harry deserves whatever he has coming to him.

My lack of sleep was becoming more and more evident on my face, even if it had only been a day. Draco was only awake part of the time, but he seemed to be doing alright. If anything, he was sort of milking his injuries, as you could expect from him. Whenever he'd groan or complain from his wounds- or lack thereof- I had to refrain from smacking him over the head for fear of another scolding from Madame Pomfrey. Hermione brought me lunch and came to explain what Harry had been saying defence of his actions and in defence of the Advanced Potion Making book he got the terrible spell from. Draco woke in the middle of our conversation, only hearing Hermione say Harry had called me a "over dramatic sissy." The blonde muttered some very colourful choice words to describe my brother before throwing the covers off himself in an attempt to leave the hospital wing. I pulled him back down and sternly told him to stay put before returning to my conversation with Hermione.

Draco had already explained to me what happened with him and Harry, and what had led to them dueling in a girl's lavatory. He said that he'd been in there to "escape," since it was the only bathroom that no one used, when Harry barged in. Draco admitted to firing the first spell because he wasn't thinking and assumed Harry was there to harm him. But then the fighting intensified, and the second he had an open shot, Harry sent a spell that Draco had never heard of. Some sort of dark Magic I formerly thought my brother incapable of performing. Hearing the story, my thoughts became even more conflicted, but I merely directed my attention back to comforting him, not allowing my mind to wander for the moment.

Once he was discharged from the hospital wing, I bid him goodbye quickly. I came up with a lame excuse to visit the library before placing a chaste kiss on his cheek and jogging down the halls while I can feel his eyes on my retreating figure.

I retired to the far corner of the library, burying myself in piles of books about anything and everything in an attempt to distract myself from the whirlwind of thoughts in my own mind. Still, revising for nothing in particular did little to no good in easing my anger. My skin boiled at the thought of my twin. The boy who has been there for me through everything, who is destined to save the world with me, is dabbling in dark magic. At least the supposed "dark magic" I possess isn't voluntary, and anyone with a fraction of a brain knows I'd give anything to be rid of it. My trembling hands reach my head and pull at the roots of my hair. If anyone saw me, which would be hard from where in the library I was seated, they would assume I was some fifth year stressing over her OWL's. They wouldn't know that it's The Girl Who Lived in the corner of the library doing everything I can to hold back tears and control the stress of not knowing what's going on with any of the people I love.

I breathe deeply, and force my twitching fingers into fists, successfully stopping the wisps of pure darkness from leaking out of my palms.

"Alright," I exhale slowly. "Time for answers."