Chapter 5

Word count: 1667

Draco's POV:

I race down the stairs from the seventh floor. I look at my watch to see I've completely missed dinner, and could be late to meet Y- Potter. I curse out loud, and run to the Slytherin dormitories. I walk through the dungeons and into the common room. I rush up to the boys dorms, remove my robes, and throw them down onto my bed. I search underneath for my book bag. Once I finally grasp the strap, I tug, and look through for my Charms book and notes. When I have everything, I go back down the stairs, skipping a few at the bottom. I walk out, then run to the library. It's not usually a horribly long trip, but it felt like it given the circumstances. I arrive fifteen minutes late. I walk to the tables at the back of the library, and see her sitting at one with her nose in a book. Her dark hair was pulled out of her face as usual, and I could see her wire framed glasses slip down the bridge of her nose even in the dimly lit library. I smiled at the sight of her, but quickly hid it behind a smirk. I walk a little closer, yet she still doesn't look up, so I drop my book on the table to get her attention. She jumps in fright, finally looking up at me through her eyelashes. She just glares after getting over her surprise.

"What? Are you not happy to see me?" I ask jokingly. She scoffs.

"You interrupted my reading, and you kept me waiting," she answers bitterly.

"I thought you were awfully happy earlier when you got my note," I say with mock innocence, ignoring her comment on my tardiness. Her eyes widen for a moment, but she quickly forms a blank expression.

"I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about," she says plainly. I snicker.

"I think you do, Princess Potter."

"I think you should shut your face, Malfoy," she snaps, standing now.

"Make me," I say, stepping closer to her.

"I shouldn't have to," she comments, also taking a step closer.

"And why is that?" I ask in a whisper, taking yet another step. I can feel her breath tickle my lips, even though she has to look up at me. I look into her bright green eyes to see her giving me a look I had never seen from her before. Subconsciously, my eyes flick down to her lips momentarily.

Y/n's POV:

I enter the library at 8:55, gazing around for his familiar platinum blonde hair. When I don't find him, I walk to the tables in the back of the library to look. Once again, I don't see the sneering face of Draco Malfoy. I'm disappointed for a moment, then decide he must have gotten caught up. It is past curfew after all. I shrug it off, sit down at a table, and pull out a book from my bag.

I am reading peacefully for a while, not noticing anything around me, until I hear a loud slam in front of me. I jump in my seat, and look up for the source of the noise. I see a pair of thin lips smirking down at me. I studied his face, and noticed the dark circles under his eyes and how he was slightly more pale than usual. I brush away my concern in seconds, and replace it with fake annoyance. I just glare, crossing my arms over my chest after gently placing my book on the table in front of me.

"What? Are you not happy to see me?" he asks sarcastically, making fun of my expression.

"You interrupted my reading, and you kept me waiting," I reply as though it's obvious.

"I thought you were awfully happy earlier when you got my note," he says calmly, but his eyes glisten with mischief. I look at him in surprise for a moment, wondering how he could have known that, before changing my face to read a hopefully blank expression.