Chapter 30

A/N- OMG I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT POSTING IN FOREVER! I was on vacation in Hawai'i (lol just had to flex. I'll stop now.) and have had no time to write. I finished this chapter a few minutes ago while I was supposed to be doing homework. Anyway, this chapter kind of sucks, so I'm sorry. I will be skipping over some events that are in the actual book just to get to the important stuff. Hope you enjoy! (not edited AT ALL, please forgive me.)

Word count: 908

Y/n's POV:

My brain glitched for a solid five second. Sleep? In his room? What if people saw me leave there in the morning? They hate me enough already, no need to give them yet another reason and a way to make me miserable all at the same time.

"I- I'd love to, but what if people saw me? They could tell people and- and there would be all these rumors that I know you want as little as I do," I say, frowning. He just grins brighter.

"Get your uniform now and I'll be sure to wake you up with enough time to be ready before anyone else. We can just say you came in early to chat. You are my girlfriend after all," he explains with a hopeful expression. Pursing my lips, I think over pros and cons. After a moment, a tense one for him, I relented.

"Where will I sleep?" I ask dully after sighing. He smirks.

"Where do you think? I'm not just gonna let you sleep on the floor," he says incredulously.

"Where would you sleep then?" I question innocently, not understanding what he was trying to say. It was his turn to sigh.

"On my bed." he replies simply. It took my mind a moment to comprehend what he had said. Then my face went blank.

"Oh." Believe me, I wasn't disappointed. Just surprised.

"Unless you don't want to. I'm sure I can find another way. I'll sleep on the floor even, or you just don't hav—" I cut him off by placing my hand over his mouth.

"Calm down. I'll stay with you," He let out a breath of relief.

"Thank you. I was seriously starting to panic there,"

"I realised," I replied, smiling. "But I swear to God, if you kick me—"

"I'm not going to kick you," he answers, holding up his hands in defence. "Hopefully not." he mutters and I let out a laugh. Maybe this won't be so bad.

~~~~~~~~~~

After walking back discreetly, I grabbed my uniform for the morning, then ran back into his bedroom. I had only actually been in his room once before, but didn't get a thorough look. It wasn't nearly as clean and neat as I thought it would be. He doesn't seem to have unpacked his trunk too much. His clothes look to have been hastily stuffed in the suitcase, and sleeves of shirts were falling out in random places. His nightstand was slightly cluttered and his bed unmade. Truthfully, I couldn't judge him, for my designated area in our dorm was not the cleanest either, but he had much more space and even his own closet. I looked over at Draco after I scanned his room completely. His face was crimson and he was scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. I clenched my teeth and looked anywhere but him to stop myself from bursting into laughter.

"Er. sorry about the mess," he mumbled and I put my fist up to my mouth as an attempt to muffle my strangled giggles. "Wait, are you laughing at me?" he said incredulously. I coughed loudly into my fist before looking back at him with an innocent grin.

"Of course not! Why would I be laughing at you?" I replied, fidgeting with the hem of my shirt.

"You are laughing at me! What is it that seem to find so funny?" he exclaimed, putting his hands on his hips. At that, I lost all self control. I clutched my sides and laughed as loud as I could without fear of waking up anyone else. "Okay okay, I get it. My room is a mess, but I bet yours isn't much better." Slowly, my laughter dies away.

"Maybe, but you wouldn't know. I expected better from you, Draco," I say, a giggle still evident in my tone.

"Oh, shove it," he says in a defensive but joking voice. I laughed once more before throwing myself down onto the covers.

"Why is your bed so much more comfortable than mine?" I whine, spreading out my arms and legs and closing my eyes. I feel him fall next to me and push my arm back closer to my body so that he had more room. Opening my eyes, I throw my arm onto his chest back in the position I had been in before. He scoffs and I giggle, turning my body to face him.

"This is nice," I whisper, study his features shamelessly while he does the same.

"It's almost three in the morning, love, and we have classes tomorrow," Draco says after a moment. I roll my head to the side, groaning.

"Fine." I go farther up along the bed, lay under the thick comforter and sheets, then flop next to him on the many pillows atop his bed. With a simple wave of his wand he shuts off the already dim lights that had previously lit the room. I had abandoned my robe on a nearby chair with my uniform for tomorrow, leaving me in my leggings and crop top. His room is chilly, (for some reason I can't help but think he did that on purpose) so I slide closer to him and bury myself in blankets. I can feel him laugh as he wraps an arm around me.

"Cold?" he questions with a chuckle.

"Shut up and go to sleep." I reply, grinning as my eyes close and I fall asleep.