Chapter 6

Word count: 2381

Y/n's POV:

The next morning, I skipped down to the nearly empty Great Hall once again, but this time in my green and silver Quidditch robes with a large number 4 on the back. I scan the room to see my friends and brother at the same spot on the Gryffindor table as usual.

"Hello," I greet them.

"Hello, Y/n," Hermione said back with a smile. Harry and Ron were in their Quidditch robes as well, except theirs maroon and gold. Personally, I found the colours to be quite annoying, and not as easy on the eyes as the darker ones of Slytherin, but I'd never admit that.

"Good luck in the game today, you two. You're going to need it." I wink, and walk over to sit at the Slytherin table with the rest of my team. I take a seat next to one of the new Slytherin Chasers, Blaise Zabini. I don't look at Draco, but just sit silently, eating a piece of toast.

"Nice of you to finally join us, Potter," Draco says sharply. I look up to see him sneering at me. I furrow my brow.

"I was busy, Malfoy." I tell him with an eye roll, trying to act as though nothing was different. He raises his eyebrows, but looks back to his plate with a small smile. I look down at the table also, trying to hide my grin. I finish my toast, and stand to walk over to the Gryffindor table.

"How are you feeling, Ron? It is your first game after all," I ask calmly. Ron just looked up at me. I noticed his face was awfully pale, making him look pastier than usual, and he wasn't eating. I sit down in the seat across from him. "Ronald, I get you're nervous, but you have to eat something. It'll make you feel better. Besides, you'll do great. How would you have gotten onto the team if you weren't good?" I attempted to cheer him up. He took a bite of toast, but still looked just as pale. Harry handed him a cup of pumpkin juice.

"Here, mate," Harry said cheerfully. Then I saw something glisten in his hand.

"Harry, what is that?" I ask suspiciously, eyeing his closed fist.

"What is what?" he questions, sounding too innocent. He slightly lifts his hand, giving me, Ron, and Hermione, a tiny glimpse of a small clear bottle. Then he stows it back in the pocket of his robes.

"Harry!" I exclaim in a whisper, pushing myself up from my spot.

"You could be expelled for that!" Hermione says in the same tone as I.

"I regret offering to share that with you." I tell him angrily, turning to Ron. "Ronald Weasley, if you drink that... I'll tell Professor Snape," I threaten. Ron looks at me, seeming the slightest bit apologetic, then quickly downs the goblet.

"Ronald!" Hermione begins to scold him, but I don't listen. I shoot Harry a deathly glare, then walk swiftly over to where the Slytherin team sits. I slump down in the same spot as before, not noticing Draco had left.

"What's up with you? You never sit here willingly," Zabini says incredulously.

"It's the day of the match." I reply simply, though it's easy to tell I am lying.

"Yeah, sure," he answers sarcastically.

"Shut it, Zabini," I snap. He raises his eyebrow, but then smirks, leaning a bit closer than he was before.

"Ah, so you do know my name," he flirts. "If anything, I'd say you like me." he says suggestively, giving me a quick wink in the process. I nearly gag.

"You wish. Now, please stop, or I might vomit," I sass. He looks as though he's about to say something, but I don't hear it because I stand to quickly exit the Hall, still fuming from my earlier encounter with my brother.