Chapter 22

A/N- This one is definitely not my best work, and there's probably a bunch of spelling errors, but I hope you like it anyway!

Word count: 1173

Y/n's POV:

It had been almost five days since Draco was called home, and my mind was riddled with endless worries. Hermione thought it would be a good idea to take my mind off of it by studying, so there we sat, in the library, with Harry and Ron doing anything but studying beside us. I may not be in Ravenclaw, or be as clever as Hermione, but books were still a rather large part of me. I saw them as sort of an escape, which is why I was very thankful for Hermione's suggestion.

"I don't think I've ever seen you so focused, Y/n," Hermione said. I smiled up at her, taking my eyes off the book for the first time in a while.

"I'm not usually a very focused person." I admit before looking back down at my book. I noticed, out of the corner of my eye, that Harry and Ron were simply messing with a piece of paper instead of doing their much needed studying. I merely ignored it, and went back to my book. All was semi-calm, until something small hit me in the forehead. I glanced up quickly to see a little folded slip of paper trying to hit me in the head again. Before it could, however, I snatched it from the air. Reading over the slanted writing, I looked up to Harry.
"It's for us, from Dumbledore. He's asked us to meet him in his office again tonight." I explain. Harry grins.

"Brilliant. Thanks." I nod in acknowledgement, and Harry goes back to messing with  a paper with Ron. While Ronald isn't looking, Harry slowly lifts the paper towards his ear. With a devious smile on his face, Harry snaps the paper at Ron's ear, who jumps and swats at his neck.

"What the bloody hell was that for?" he exclaims, and Harry and I try to suppress giggles. For a few more moments, Harry and Ron are arguing silently and hitting each other, while I'm fighting the urge to laugh, for fear of the evil librarian coming for our heads. In the midst of noiseless chaos, I finally spare a glimpse towards the entrance of the library, and the gleam of sleek blonde hair meets my gaze. I can feel my heart skip a beat once I meet a familiar pair of grey eyes with my green ones. For a moment, I find myself lost in the brightly glistening metallic shine of his eyes that could rival the most precisely polished suit of armour in the school. 

"Draco!" I exclaim, not bothering to be very quiet anymore. We were in the back of the library anyway, it couldn't be that bad. I drop my book onto the table, and rush to my boyfriend. Upon getting to him, I throw my arms over his shoulders, and wrap my legs around his waist, almost like a koala, then bury my face in the crook of his neck. He barely even stumbles from the sudden weight, and doesn't hesitate to put his arms around me.

"Hi," he answers, seeming slightly breathless. I squeeze him tighter before responding.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too, but I really wasn't gone that long." he says, laughter laced in his gentle tone. I lift my head up to look at him.

"It felt like ages." I reply. He just laughs, a melodic sound to my ears even though it had been only days since hearing it last. 

"True. It was so boring there without you." he says, making me laugh a little.

"I'm just glad you're back." I lay my head on his shoulder once more, still with my legs around his waist, keeping myself off the ground.

"I am too. I hate to ask this, but can you get down, please?" he asks, and I can hear the laughter in his voice. I sigh dramatically before getting down to stand on the floor. He places a quick kiss on my lips, causing me to blush, but I do it right back.
Unbeknownst to me, Harry was making gagging faces behind my back and Ron was attempting not to burst into laughter. I only noticed when I saw Draco glaring at them over my shoulder. I turned to see Harry fake puking, Ron clutching his sides, and Hermione whisper-yelling and hitting Harry with a book. I frown at first, then merely roll my eyes at his immaturity.

"Ignore him. He's just being my brother. I swear, he at least tolerates us," I explain with a laugh. Draco gives one last disapproving look to Harry, before looking down at me with a small smile.

"Fine, I guess. I'm not gonna say I tolerate him though." I just chuckle before taking his hand, and walking back to the trio. Harry groans, Ron looks confused (per usual), and Hermione grins.

"Can Draco study with us?" I ask sweetly, but looking at Harry with an expression daring him to say no. He just clenches his teeth and looks away, not saying anything.

"Uh, sure." Ron says, looking at Harry to see if he would react, but he stayed indifferent, pretending to read though his eyes weren't moving along the words.

"Of course." Hermione says, beaming. I mirror her expression, and pull up a chair for Draco. He sits with a thank you and I take my spot next to him. I pass him one of the many books we had piled in the middle of the table, specifically one on charms, much to his dismay, before picking up the history of magic book I had been studying from moments ago. We were silent for a while, then I felt the need to change positions, so I laid my head and back on Draco's chest without taking my eyes off the page. I could feel Harry trying to glare a hole through us, but I simply ignored it and continued scanning the pages of my book. Without a word, he slammed his book shut, picked up his things, and walked out. I watched him leave and scoffed. Glancing over at Ron, I see he's looking rather awkward, sitting on the edge of his chair and glancing back and forth between me and the door Harry had just left out of. 

"Would you mind...?" he starts, but I know he wants to go after his best friend. The fact that he asked me made me smile a little.

"Nah, it's fine." I reply, waving a hand, and going back to my book. He seemed relieved as he packed his things and followed my brother. I sigh and lay back against Draco, who holds his book with one hand and draws calming circles on my arm. I couldn't think of any place I'd rather be, and books did a fine job of distracting me from my brothers reaction as well. Draco was helpful in that too. Hermione kept catching my eye and smirking, and I pretended to be angry, but really, I loved it.