Chapter 51

A/N- okay, i know i said i'd do draco's pov in this one, but i forgot and i'd already finished this chapter, sooooo the whole next chapter will be from his pov. hope thats okay with you all 😭 i love hearing your suggestions, so please keep giving them! thank you for all the support. enjoy!

Word Count: 1782

Fleur's parents arrived the next morning near noon, and glancing around the house, I don't remember ever seeing it so clean. Mrs. Weasley never was one to yell at me, but she was positively shaking with pent up rage when she asked me to kindly put on something other than sweatpants and try to make some sense of my hair that was sticking out in every direction and falling into my eyes whenever I moved despite the many pins and ties lost in its mass of unruly strands. In my defense, I'd been cleaning more that morning, and completely unaware that anyone was coming over so soon. Ron was forced to find a pair of matching socks, and Harry did his best to tame the cowlick that never laid flat on the back of his head as well as the random sections that regularly decided to defy gravity. Once we were deemed fit enough, we stood in the yard together, awaiting the guests.

It was no longer possible for anyone to enter the Burrow directly given the amount of protective enchantments placed at the border by both the Ministry of Magic and the Order of the Phoenix. So, in order for the Delecours to enter, Mr. Weasley had gone to meet them at a nearby hill where they would arrive by Portkey, and enter the Burrow with the permission of the Weasleys.

"Maman!" Fleur cried, throwing her arms around a gorgeous blonde woman who could only be Fleur's mother that had appeared from around the corner, led by Mr. Weasley who was laden with luggage. I found myself drooling slightly at the sight of both beautiful women, but quickly turned away to face the others. Fleur had turned to another man entering behind Mr. Weasley. "Papa!"

Monsieur Delacour was quite the opposite of his wife, being short and stout with a small, pointed black beard, but he seemed good natured enough. He bounced towards Mrs. Weasley in his high heeled boots, kissing her on each cheek in greeting, and leaving her quite flustered.

"You 'ave been to much trouble," he said with a surprisingly deep voice that made me have to force down an abrupt snort of laughter. "Fleur tells us you 'ave been working very 'ard."

"Oh, it's been nothing, nothing!" Mrs. Weasley trilled. "No trouble at all!"

I spluttered, using all of my self control not to shout in indignation. Ron expressed his frustration by kicking a rogue gnome that had been peeking out of a nearby bush. Mrs. Weasley and Mr. and Mrs. Delacour engaged in conversation, introducing their younger daughter, Gabrielle, who gave Harry a dazzling look through fluttering eyelashes as we all walked back into the house. Ginny cleared her throat loudly while I turned my laugh into a hacking cough at the glare I received from my brother.

Over the next day, the Delacours proved to be quite pleasant guests, and were delighted to help with anything around the house as well as all the wedding preparations. Despite the new company, Mrs. Weasley still never left the four of us alone after we all got caught slacking off a couple days prior. Even when Harry, Ron, Hermione and I all volunteered to feed the chickens in order to escape the over crowded house and Mrs. Weasley's overbearing, she still came after us moments later.

"Oh, good, you've fed the chickens," she said as she approached, too far away to have heard Ron curse her appearance under his breath. However, she looked quite exhausted, and I felt a swell of pity for all the trouble being and to be caused for her, so I refrained from slipping away this time. "We'd better shut them away again before the men arrive tomorrow to put up the tent for the wedding, Millamant's Magic Marquees, they're very good, Bill's escorting them... You'd better stay inside while they're here, Harry, Y/n. I must say it does complicate organising a wedding, having all these security spells around the place."