No one will remember you. You will cease to exist before the spark of life ever kindled.

"NO!" Dad yells, tears falling down his cheeks as he lurches forward. A sharp exhale leaves my lips, the moment he throws his arms around my shoulder and grasps onto me.

It's from within I feel everything else shrink away, falling away and giving into the warm light that radiates from dad. As quickly as the coldness had etched into the center of my chest, it disperses. The voice, almost an entity...a weight is lifted from my shoulders and I breathe in and out sporadically.

"Mom!" Dad yells while Tansy grabs his shoulder, pulling him away from me.

Tansy is sharp when she barks, "I told you to stop...if you can't listen, how will you ever lead?"

Dad grows silent, a solemn look on his face as he understands what Tansy says. Regardless of what he's done for me, she speaks the truth and I know the dad who raised me only learned in doing so from his mother as well.

Grandpa Sebby glances to Tansy before dad lowers his gaze to the ground and says, "I'm sorry...mom."

"I know he went against you..." my voice trails off as I slowly ease up, Tansy glancing at me when I say, "...but I want you to know, I'm truly grateful for the gift your son is, not only for what he did but for what he'll become."

Tansy's features slowly lift from something very distant, nodding her head as she replies, "You mean well, thank you."

I return with a nod of my own, Tansy leading my dad out of the room while Cynbel stares off at them for a moment. Grandpa Sebby tells him, "Go to your mate," Cynbel looks back sharply to the both of us, but Grandpa Sebby nods, "everything is stable, and she needs your reassurance."

"Thank you, Alpha," Cynbel does not hesitate as he turns on his heels and leaves the room, walking out into the hall.

Grandpa Sebby rises to his feet, folding his arms as he asks, "Are you going to be okay for the evening?"

I hope...

"Brother?" A soft voice fills the room, my gaze shifting to see a young woman. She stands in the doorframe, her hand touching it while the other hesitates, almost like she'd been in a hurry to rush in.

"Selenia?" He appears surprised, taken aback while his eyes widen in question, "You're awake?"

Her blue and green irises glance first from me and then land on her...brother?

I do not recall ever seeing this woman, not once in my era.

"You've been in a coma..." Grandpa Sebby walks away from me, nearing her as his eyes scan over her features. His hand lifts and he cups her cheek, his expression remaining one of awe as he states, "It's been years."

Selenia closes her eyes at her brother's touch, almost like she can't believe it either. With a small whisper, she says, "I felt something dark..." her voice is fragile, almost like it will break if she continues to speak. Though, she lifts away from Grandpa Sebby and takes a few steps toward me. Selenia asks with confusion, "You?"

"Me?" I'm confused with the way she looks at me.

Selenia exhales sharply, her irises shifting to a golden hue before a voice unlike her own replaces it, almost like that of a banshee's, "You're going to kill us all."

My skin crawls, edging back until I'm on the other side of the bed, my feet touching the floor. Grandpa Sebby glances from his sister and then to me, but his gaze rests on Selenia as he says, "Calm, you're not stable-"