Chapter 2: The Greatest Showman/ Robin's Backstory Au

Shiro, Lance, Hunk, and Keith sat down in the back row of the big tents seating. It had come time for the circus to open. Shiro, Lance, and Hunk were super excited for the show to start. Keith wasn't. He was bored and knew this was going to be a boring show. He especially didn't want to see Katie again. She had seemed like a show-off and had been a little bit annoying to Keith.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! This is the moment you have all been waiting for! The Holt family Circus has come to New York!" The male ringmaster said.

"I am Coleen and this is my husband, Samuel and we will be your ringmasters for this evening!" Coleen said. "You will get to meet the rest of our family later on but first we have Allura on the tightrope! Walking on a wire without a net!" 

A spot shone on a girl with very long and silver hair. She waved then walked out on a wire. The crowd gasped. Keith sat up in his seat a little bit as it was more interesting than the idea of random clowns like he thought it would be. Allura walked to the other pole, then walked backward on the wire. The crowd cheered as she got to the other side. She bowed. 

The ringmaster introduced Shay and her juggling fire, Flora, and Plaxum who did the coolest tricks on a net that acted like a trampoline. There were Coran and his chair stacking, where he was standing on a stack of about 20 chairs balanced in different ways. Then it was Nyma and Rolo with their rollerskating dancing. 

"Would you like to meet the rest of my family!" Samuel said. The crowd cheered. "Here they are! Matt and Katie Holt!" Keith rolled his eyes. This, he thought, is where this cool show goes downhill. I mean all she could do was bend, nothing compared to the other acts. A spot appeared on both poles and Katie and Matt waved holding a bar with strings on either end that attached to the roof pole. They grabbed the bar and jumped off of the pole. 

Keith straightened up. Then Katie lets go of her bar. Her brother turned upside down and they grabbed each other's wrists. Keith let go of a sigh he didn't realize he had kept in. Katie and Matt kept letting go and catching each other. At one point they about collided but Katie let go, jumped through the string on her brother's bar and she caught her own.

The performers came out and bowed on last time and the crowd cheered. Then a tomato flew and hit Katie in the face. 

"Freak!" Someone yelled. A couple of other people joined in. "We don't want you in New York! Burn the freaks!" Then the grabbed a torch and lit the tent on fire. People ran out as fast as they could, screaming. The haters ran at the performers with knives. Shiro, Lance, and Hunk ran out and fought and handcuffed as many of the guys as they could.

They dragged them outside along with Keith as the smoke grew too thick and the police showed up. The bad guys went into the cop cars and the firefighters went in. The performers ran out together and spread out across the city, fleeing their attackers.

Keith watched the performers run, but he didn't see the Holt siblings.

"Shiro, everyone's out but I can't see Katie and Matt!" Keith shouted over the fire. The fire put the fire out and police searched what was left of the tent. Meanwhile, Shiro, Lance, Hunk, and Keith spread out around to find the Holt's, other police getting the other performers and taking them back to the train they came on until everyone was found and the culprits paid for everything.

Keith searched the dark streets of nighttime New York by himself, hoping that no one was dead. Then he heard a cough from a nearby alley. He ran and saw Katie supporting her knocked-out brother, both with smoke in their lungs and ash all over their faces. Keith ran over to them as  Katie collapsed from her brother's weight. 

"Katie, Kaite are you okay?" Keith asked kneeling down and holding her head up.

"My brother..."Katie coughed.

"He's right here, he's safe. Everyone is safe," Keith said.

"Keith?" Pidge groaned before she passed out in his arms. Keith took out his phone and called Shiro telling him that they weren't burned but they needed to rest. Shiro and the other came and they took them to the apartment that they all shared.