Chapter 2: Voltron on Ice

Matt and Keith skated over to Pidge and circled around her, causing Pidge to open her eyes and turn to look at the boys in confusion. Matt gave Keith a nod, and Keith nodded back, then he took one of Pidge arms and lead her towards the edge of the rink a bit. 

     It was quite obvious that Pidge had never skated with a partner, because she kept glancing at her feet to make sure they didn't trip either of them. Keith smiled, and used his free arm to lift her head up, then he took her other arm. The two were skating around the rink, Pidge switching between Keith and Matt.

    If Pidge had already been getting attention before, she sure was now. The other people in the rink had cleared to the sides, and people in the stands were recording the whole thing. Pidge finally relaxed a little, letting Keith take the lead. 

    Keith saw her relax and he stepped up his game. He took her hand and spun her around. Pidge had done this before, because she spun for a whole minute in a expert way. He grabbed her hands again and kept dancing hre around. 

    Matt at this point let the two do their thing skating over to the edge. Keith got in position, then he carefully lifted Pidge above him. She was absolutely terrified, but she still kept her balance. He put her back down and she hugged him and buried her face into his chest.

    The crowds cheered and videoing stopped. Pidge still did not let go of Keith, and Keith could basically feel her fear. Keith put his hand on her head, and Shiro and the other skated over to them. Keith ran his finger through her hair to try and calm her down.

    "She okay?" Shiro asked. "Okay, let me rephrase that. Will she be okay?"

    "She should be. My sister tends to bounce back fast." Matt said. "Although she has never done that before so....we'll see."

    "She better. We need her on the team." Shiro said. Pidge lifted her head a looked at Shiro in shock.

     "Really!?" Pidge asked. Shiro and her dad nodded. And her face lit up. She let go of Keith and skated around in joy. She skated back and Shiro started to talk again.

     "Yeah, of course I am serious. Besides Keith needs a partner for nationals, and you do skate pretty well together." Shiro said. Pidge looked up at Keith and she smiled. She grabbed his hand and pulled him into the center of the rink. 

     Keith's heart skipped a beat. Something that had never happened since Lance left. Keith looked at the small girl, and he could feel his heart melt. Guess I am not that gay after all, he thought. 

    Her amber eyes looked into his, and for a second, Keith's world turn upside down.