Chapter 2: Cross Country

Keith finally lowered his hands and looked at Pidge. He wrapped his arms around Pidge and slowly looked back at the tv, eyes still wide in shock. His mind was racing and his face was flushed. Girlfriend? She thought she was my girlfriend. I did call her Peach on accident, but... maybe I kind of wish she was? What am I thinking right now? I am so confused. Do I like her? Is that why my heart is racing?

Keith was interrupted from his thoughts when Pidge nuzzled into his chest smiling. 

"Keef," Pidge said in her sleep, she stirred slightly, giggling. She lazily grabbed Keith's hand and pressed it to her lips. Then she took his other hand and she wrapped them around her neck. Keith smiled and pressed his lips to the back of Pidge's head. 

"You awake now," Keith asked.

"A little,"

"Do you like like me?"

"Yeah, how did you know!" Pidge said a little dopey.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" Keith said. Even though he couldn't believe what he was saying.

"Only if will be your boyfriend!" Pidge giggle hysterically. Keith leaned forward and kissed her forehead, sending her to sleep.

//Time skip a 20 minutes later.//

The group came in chatting and holding the bags of stuff they got in the store. 

"Keith we're back---" Lance stopped short. The group fell quiet as they saw Keith tense up at their entrance and curl up into himself. "Keith--"

"Keith? I can take Pidge now if you want," Hunk said.

"No. She is mine now," Keith mumbled.

"What?" Allura asked.

"You gave her to me, I am not giving her up now," Keith said looking up. That is when the group saw a tiny Pidge in his lap.

"Keef?" Pidge said from Keith's lap. "Where-What how long have I been out? I can barely remember anything,"

"A few hours maybe,"

"Okay! Let's watch the movie now!" Lance said. The group got all set up and settled down, Pidge and Keith not moving, even though they were in the back. 

"I love you, Keef, " Pidge whispered into his ear. "Also the maid thing was hilarious, did you mean to call me Peach, or was that a mistake,"

"A mistake I will never regret...Peach," Keith whispered back.