Chapter 2: High School AU

Pidge watched as the fiery boy stomped through the crowd. The hairs on her neck stood up as Keith's eyes lingered on her. He walked off, but not before Pidge noticed his hand on his heart and his glance back towards her.

    "Good for him." Hunk said as the trio walked away. Lance and Pidge looked at him in confusion.

   "Shiro is Keith older brother. If she cheated on him with Shiro, that is going to tear his family open."

   "Listen I would love to keep chatting, but I can't be late for wo---my appointment." Pidge said running towards the town. Pidge rushed down town, and into Kaltenecker's Ice Creamery. She moved walked into the bathroom and changed into her waitresses uniform. It looked like it was from a cartoon, a blue dress with a white apron. 

    Kaltenecker's was quite large, about the size of any restaurant, but it was big enough that Pidge need roller skates to properly get around in time. Pidge skated across the black and white tile to the door and switched the sign to open. Coran walked through the door and took his position behind the bar. 

   "Morning Pidge!" Coran chirped. "You are here early today! Although I am paying you so..." Coran shrugged and got back to opening the shop. After a few minutes a group of 3 to 5 high school boys walked in chatting. They sat in the same spot they always did and Pidge rolled over to meet them. 

    Boys were actually the man customers in the ice creamery, ever since Pidge had started working there, even though she was 3 years younger than them. Pidge gave their orders to Coran and served them their ice cream. (Time skip it is like 5:00 now.)

   Shiro  walked through the door, his head in shame. His head hung low as he sat down on the bar stool. Coran and Shiro were chatting when Pidge saw Shiro. Pidge slowed down as she moved past him, moving wearily.

    Not only was he the source of the commotion at school, but he was the last person to see her brother and father. 

   "Katie!" Shiro exclaimed. "Wh-what are you doing here!"

   "I am doing my job Shiro." Katie said, "It is a thing we adults do." She smirked, not holding to much of a grudge on Shiro.

    "You are 14, with a job?" Lance said as he and Hunk entered the shop. 

    "I-I L-lance! Hu-hunk!" Pidge stuttered. There was no one else around, but Pidge still looked terrified. "This is not good."

    "So you have been working, what else have you been doing huh!" Lance said. 

     "I have been surviving Lance!" Pidge snapped. She looked at Coran who nodded, and she dashed into the bathroom. She came out a few moments later with her backpack and regular clothes.

    "Pidge! You need to explain now!" Hunk ordered. Pidge stopped before she opened the door. She looked back her eyes giving a pleading look.

    "Pidge you forgot something." Coran said softly, holding up a slip of paper. Pidge walked over a grabbed it, silently thanking him. Pidge walked out the doors, and walked as fast as she could towards her home. 

      She wasn't looking where she was going and she ran face first into somebody. The impact made both of them fall back and hit the ground.

    "Someone is in a hurry." The other guy mumbled. 

    "Not my fault. Had to escape from Shir-----" Pidge stopped as she saw who the other person was. Keith.

    "Shiro? What has he done now." Keith said as they both stood up.

     "He has rediscover the Holts evidently." Pidge said. They said goodbye and they part ways.

     Keith's heart was beating fast. It was her. His amber eyed owl.