Chapter 1: The One Without A Title

Keith had never been a hugger. Or touchy-feely. Or prone to show emotion. Until he saw someone who was practically a stranger to him drop to their knees. Until Haggar took the lifeblood of their life, their fight, out of them. Until Pidge crashed to her knees.

    They were fighting through the Galra soldiers, trying to get to their lions. They were cutting through and fighting as individuals, but for the most part, they stayed close to one another. Well, except for Pidge, who swang from the roof and landed in the center of the oncoming horde. Quite some distance from the others.

     The paladins finally cut down the Galra, but they stopped dead in their tracks. There was Pidge, hanging in mid-air like a marionette doll, Haggar absorbing some sort of power from her. Keith's heart dropped. The energy around Pidge disappeared, and Haggar lowered her hands. Pidge crashed on to her knees. 

    Keith ran towards her and knelt by her side. He was frantic to make sure she was okay, but the others just stood there in shock. Pidge was alive but lifeless. She didn't resist or respond, and she was shaking. Keith pulled Pidge into his lap.

    "It's okay," Keith said, wrapping his arms around her as she shook in terror. "It's over now,"

     "No, it's not," Pidge whispered back. "It has only begun,"

(Time skip they are back at the castle)

    "Haggar drained the fight out of her," Allura said, looking at Pidge as she leaned on Keith on the lounge chair. "I can cure it, but it will take a while to make the antidote," then she left leading Pidge along.

     Keith, Hunk, and Lance sat alone in the lounge. Keith broke the silence by letting out a deep breath and he leaned forward and rubbed his eyes and leaning against his knees as he held his head. Hunk and Lance exchanged a worried glance and they sat up a little.

    "You okay buddy?" Lance asked.

     "I don't know. I don't even know why I ran to her, she is a stranger to me. I don't know why I' reacting this way," Keith sighed then leaned back on the couch. 

     "She was in pain, and you knew her, it was a rational reaction," Hunk said.

     "But for me. I am openly showing emotion right now!" Keith exclaimed.

     "It is okay to be emotional. You have emotions too," Lance said. Keith rubbed his eyes again and sighed.

(Time skip Allura healed Pidge somehow,)

    "Hunk! Let me go!" Pidge exclaimed. Hunk had her in a potato sack carry and he walked into the lounge where Lance and Keith were talking. "I swear Hunk let me go!"

     "Okay," Hunk said and he put her into Keith's lap. 

     "Oh shh--" Lance said and he whipped around the couch and he and Hunk bustled out of the room. Keith and Pidge locked eyes in an awkward silence.

     "Um..." Keith said. His face was flushing, his head reeling, and his pulse racing. 

      "Sorry about that Mullet," Pidge said and she got off of him and walked off. Keith sat there for a second then walked into the hall where Hunk and Lance were, his hand covering one side of his face.

    "What the heck is happening?!" Keith whisper shouted at them.

     "Are you blushing?!" Lance whispered back.

     "Do you like her now!" Hunk whispered.

     "What is happening!?!?!?!" Keith whisper shouted.