Chapter 2: "Lost in a cornfield looking for Crytipds" AU

This is Keith by the way

This is Keith by the way. This is a canon photo of him as a young teen. Credit to Voltron.

It was dark when Keith neared the center of the field. The light that he seen for nights on end was shining sure as ever. Keith had attached the ball of yarn to his backpack so he was still attached to it. He was shaking, his red paintball gun and they ready, yet it was hard for him to keep a steady hand.

Keith slowly walked forward until he reached a clearing. He stood at the edge. "A crop circle," Keith said. "The UFO's have been here, whether they are the cause of this or not," Keith crossed the first ring of the circle the light bright as ever. He crossed the second ring. "The light is in the center, past the third ring," Keith slowly crossed the third ring. As he approached the center, he stayed back and peered through the corn stalks.

There in the center was a great mass of computers, clearly homemade. They were grouped as if a trap not of use. Keith saw the shadow of a person hiding on the other side of the clearing. Kieth began to shake. He couldn't take it. I'll figure out what that is after it's dead! Keith jumped out in the center at the same time as the figure and he rapid fired his gun.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Keith gave out a mighty battle cry. He could feel himself being hit with the enemies fire. He could hear the creature voice, it was feminine. Not Bigfoot. 

Both Keith and the enemy ran out of ammo. Keith stood there, drenched, panting, and ready to fight again. Keith looked down expecting to see the red of blood, instead, seeing the blood of green. "You! You lured me here!" Keith shouted. "You set this trap alien! You knew that I would investigate and you set a trap so you could experiment on me!"

"I'm the alien! You are the alien! You stole old Mr. Coran's house and killed him so that you and your leader could take over the world! I only lured you here to kill you!" She shouted back."And now! And now...I-I have been b-bested by you," she fell to my knees, and then she saluted him, "You are a worthy adversary, p-please. Tell my family I-I have not died in vain," the figure collapsed on the ground.

Keith froze and ran to the figure's side. He felt the red paint covering her skin. Keith traced his fingers lightly on the surface of her back. She seemed so human. Not Bigfoot, not an alien, not werewolf, vampire maybe?

The girl pushed herself up and coughed. "Blah! Grass and dirt do not taste good! Not good at all," Where Keith's fingers had lightly touched, her sitting up caused his entire hand to rest on her back. "I'm not dead? But I was shot!" 

Keith's eyes widened. The paint. He looked down at his own figure and with his other hand felt his clothing. She was using green paint. And my red paint made her think she was dead! 

"Wait! Where is the alien!" the girl cried. Then she tensed up as she realized there was a hand on her back. She rolled over and looked at him, Keith's hand now resting on her side. "Y-you're h-human!"

Keith looked at the girl. Besides the fact that her clothing was stained red, she was wearing a white quarter sleeve in which the sleeves were green. Her hair was tied back in a side ponytail. Her paintball gun lay to her side, along with a backpack that had spilled to reveal garlic, silverware, a camera, and a extra green paint. She and Keith locked eyes, her amber ones watching his violet ones.

"Y-you're a human g-girl?" Keith stuttered. In truth, she was quite beautiful in Keith's eyes. He had seen numerous more fair, but none that would dare get their hands dirty. And yet here she was lying on the muddy ground covered in red paint. 

She slowly sat up not looking away. As she rose, her hand moved to where Keith's rested on her arm. She lightly held it in place and Keith made no action to pull away. "Y-your not an alien...so then...what happened to M-Mr. Coran?!"

"Y-You mean the man that my brother bought our house f-from?" Keith said, she crawled a little closer.

"H-He moved?" She said. Keith nodded. He was still shaken up from the crossfire, and so was the girl by the sound of it. A wolf howled in the distance and both Keith and the girl shuddered and unknowingly move closer to one another. "I was wrong..."

"M-Me too," Keith said. "T-this was a bad idea..."

"Uh-huh," the girl agreed hearing more wolves. She moved closer to him. They were a lot closer now and Keith's hand had fallen to her hip and he was slowly wrapping his arms around her. "And I forgot to tell my family that I was out here..."

"My brother won't get back for some time...wait! The yarn!" Keith said. He found his end of the yarn. He tugged on it to be sure that it was still tied. He found no resistance. He began to panic and he pulled the yarn. After a minute, the end of the yarn came to him. He looked at the girl. She pointed to the other end of the rope.

"It was broken. The field is 10 kilometers across, someone or something cut it," the girl said. "We're sunk," Now they were spooked. Another wolf cry sounded. Keith rapidly grabbed her waist and pulled her close. She gave a muffled cry of surprise. She pushed back so that she could talk. "We can make a fort, there is an old tractor in the first ring. There!" She pointed to the driver's seat of a rusty tractor that could be seen from over the corn. "That's where I was waiting,"

"Okay, let's grab our stuff and go there together," Keith said shakily. They stood up Keith taking her hand. They grabbed their bags and made for the tractor, their avid imaginations getting the better of them.