Chapter 2: Lady Holt

By the time the Blade ship arrived to where the castle of lions was, Pidge had fallen asleep in Keith's lap. Keith was so nervous about trying to tell Shiro what happened that he was fidgeting with the ring on Pidge's finger. 

     He thought that the ring was his mother's, and although it wasn't, it had a similar design. They landed and the ships doors opened. Keith sighed, trying to calm his nerves. He stood up, Pidge in his arms, and left the ship. The Blade took off towards their own base.

     Keith walked into Pidge's room and laid her on her bed. He tucked her in and closed the door behind himself. Keith then walked into the bridge where everyone was waiting.

     "Did you do it?" Lance asked as Keith entered. 

      "She is asleep right?" Hunk asked. Keith nodded, and everyone in the room sighed. "Let's go check on her!"

      "Shiro? Can I talk to you for a moment? Alone?" Keith asked. The paladins exchanged worried looks.

      "I can go check to see if Pidge is alright." Hunk said. Lance nodded and the two left the room. Shiro and Keith walked into Keith's room and the door closed behind them.

    "Keith? What is this about---?"

     "I accidently got married to Pidge! I was posted as the guard so that when the Blade swarmed in, I could get Pidge. But then Lotor order me to drag her to the altar, force the ring on her, and clasp her hands and-----" Keith said, pacing in front of Shiro.

      "I know. The Blade told me."

      "I'm sorry I--"

      "Keith. It is fine, I know you. You will treat her well."

       "Shiro! That is not what I meant! How do I fix it!"

        "From what the Blade told me, there is no way to 'fix' it. I have known both you and Pidge since you guys were kids. You too have more in common than you think. She also will understand, she is a great kid, she will not blame you. She is the best adaptor I have ever seen. We will find a way to tell the others. " Shiro said. Keith looked down at his feet in embarrassment. His face flushed red and Shiro let out a chortle. Shiro placed his hand on Keith's shoulder. "Let's go check on Pidge."

       The two walked into Pidge's room. Keith sat on the edge of the bed, and Pidge lazily sat up. Shiro stood next to Keith and Pidge rubbed her eyes.

      "Keith? How long have I been asleep?"

       "Just a few hours."

        "Okay, I am going back to bed. Love ya." Pidge said as she laid back down.

        "I-um-wait-what!" Keith stuttered.

         "Well, we are technology married now." Pidge mumbled before going to sleep. Shiro nudged Keith in a I told you so way.

     "Love ya too." Keith said. And neither of them were telling lies. They loved eachother in their own special way. Over time, that love would grow, but right now they were still trying to figure out how to tell the others.