Chapter 2: Beast Mode

Pidge stabbed the training robot with her sword, and it fell to the ground. She kicked it around in anger, the head eventually popping off. 

"UGHH!" Pidge grunted in fury. 

"Hey," Keith said from the entrance. Pidge whipped around.

"Oh, it's you. What do you want Mullet," Pidge mumbled. She turned away from him, still boiling in anger. Keith cautiously walked towards her.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay," Keith said standing about a foot away from her now.

"Yeah? Well did you get your answer?" Pidge said sarcastically. 

"Don't know, are you okay?"

"I'm fine,"

"You know, I read somewhere that when a girl says, 'I'm fine', especially in that tone of voice, they are never fine," Keith said. Pidge tensed up in anger, then sighed and let go.

"Honestly, I am okay," Pidge sighed. 

"You don't have to be," Keith said, daring to step closer. "It's okay not to be fine. You don't have to act like me,"

"I know," Pidge said softly. Keith stepped closer, so now he was directly behind her. He put his hands around her and embraced her in a light hug.

"Why are you mad," Keith asked. 

"I just found out my mother cheated on my father, then lied about it. The only other possibility is she was forced to, but then I am sure Matt would have known. When he is angry he pulls everything out of the past and that surely would have been brought up if it was true," Pidge said.

Keith closed his eyes and pulled her closer. Pidge was utterly confused, Keith had never ever hugged like this before, much less hugged her at all.

"It's okay to be mad, everything is going to be alright," Keith said.

"Uh, Keith?" Pidge said. "Are you okay, you are acting kind of strange,"

"I've got you. I am better than fine," Keith said. "Crap, did I say that out loud?" Pidge nodded. "Oh well. The secret is out I guess. Love Ya Pidge,"

"I-I love you too Mullet," Pidge said after a while.