Chapter 1: Forest and Fire

"Why are we even out here!" Pidge complained

"There are so many bugs," Hunk said.

"Does anyone have the bug spray?" Lance asked. The paladins made their way through the jungle, no Shiro, Allura, or Coran in sight.

"This is stupid," Pidge mumbled.

"Can we go home," Hunk asked.

"Hey, we reached a ridge! Maybe I can get a signal!" Lance said. Pidge was fighting off bugs when she saw Keith. He was looking over the ridge his eyes closed, taking deep breaths. Pidge's breath hitched. Keith opened his eyes and looked at the mountains in the distance. Then he smiled. Pidge's heart stopped. Keith just smiled. Keith smiled

"We should get going again," Keith said. Pidge was blushing softly, her heart pounding. Hunk and Lance kept complaining as the walked along the path, but Pidge was dead quiet. She kept looking around at the forest. Everything seemed more vibrant. Green was rainforest green. ANy light was as beautiful as a forest.

Pidge looked at Keith again. The sun was in front of him and Pidge found her face heating up again. He was just so hot. Pidge shook the thought out of her head, she was going crazy. Pidge took off her glasses, maybe that is why the colors were weird. She looked around, then back at the glasses. Nope, it didn't work.

"Pidge you okay?" Lance asked, causing everyone to look at her. "You stopped complaining, and you stopped talking. Now you are looking around like your glassed did something, or are wrong,"

"One, these aren't prescription. When Matt gave them to me before he left, I replaced the glass. And they didn't do anything wrong. It was just everything seems more vibrant and alive since the ridge. Do you guys see it?" Pidge said looking around.

Lance looked around, "No,"

Hunk shrugged, "Nope,"

"Nothing has changed Pidge. Still the same rotten forest,"

"Rotten? Even the decomposition looks pretty, and everything is so alive!" Pidge said looking at a rotting log. It was the most beautiful dark brown where it was rotting. She walked over to it and crouched down. "See! Look at all of the life here!" Pidge said letting a ladybug from the log walk on her finger then fly away.

"She has gone nuts," Lance said to Hunk.

"I blame the ladybug," Hunk said.

"I am not crazy!" Pidge said standing up.

"Are you sure?" Lance asked.

"You aren't crazy," Keith said placing a hand on Pidge's shoulder before she could attack Lance. "I see it too, although I have always seen it. You just opened your eyes. Now we are almost there," Keith turned and walked away, his hand lingering for a second. Pidge turned and watched him go before starting to walk again.

Hunk nudged Lance as they walked behind Pidge and Keith.

"Did you see that?" Hunk whispered to Lance.

"Yeah, she definitely likes him. How long though?" Lance whispered back.

"Remember on the ridge? Her breath hitched, I think she fell then. That is why colors were different and things felt alive to her. Keith meant it in a different way than she did. I don't think she knows how to deal with a crush,"

"If she's ever had one," Lance whispered.

"Yeah....we should subtly try to get them to hook up," Hunk said.

"We will be the sneakiest cupids ever!" Lance whispered.