Chapter 1: Voice's of Voltron

Pidge on a chair in the training room deck, watching Keith and Shiro train. I wish I could fight like that. Pidge kept watching for a couple more minutes, then able to take no more reminders of her fighting skill, she went to her lion. 

     She was the only paladin that talked and listened to her lion. Because of that she was the most connected to her lion. She sat down in front of her lion and closed her eyes. She was listening for the advice her lion sometimes gave her.

    "I can train you my paladin." A woman's voice said. Pidge opened her eyes and looked around, but there was no one there. "No, no. Close your eyes. I am your lion, Green. You are going to the quintessence plains that the black paladin once talked about. Just believe, and open your eyes."

     Pidge closed her eyes again and imaged the plains that Shiro had described. Then she open her eyes. She was sitting on a flat span of black, colors flying above her. She stood up and looked at the green lion which was sitting in front of her. 

    Then one by one the other lions appeared in a circle around her.

     "You brought her here?" An angry female hissed.

     "Red she is ready. If your boy is ready he can come too. You know this." The green lion said.

     "I agree with Red, are you sure she is ready?" A male voice said.

      "Like I said Yellow, she came to me. I asked her if she wanted to learn, and instead of running off mad, she trusted me. She always trusts me."

     "I have to agree with Green," A deep male voice said. "Shiro has himself on several occasions had to remind himself of her bravery."

     "Bravery has nothing to do with if she is ready or not. She hasn't even gotten passed the third level yet." Another female said.

    "Blue, I know she does not appear tough, but she has been through a lot." The deep male voice said. Pidge made a mental note: Green,Red, Blue were girls. Yellow and Black boys.

    "Fine, as long if we can see if our paladins are ready." Red hissed.

    "When they come to you and ask for help, or trust you. Then yes." Green said. "Now, back to the matter at hand. Pidge show me your weapon."

    Pidge took out her bayard. Then the lions morphed into their previous owners, but Alfor and Blitz were the girl versions of themselves, to match the gender of the lions. 

   "Pidge, fighting with a short range weapon is like the wind." Green said, stepping forward. "You must let the opponent attack first, keep dodging, until their anger become their disadvantage. Does that make sense?"

   "Yeah, I think. So I need to keep my cool so I can let their anger cloud their judgement." Pidge said.

    "She is definitely the green paladin." Red muttered. Green shot her a look then focused back on Pidge. 

    "We are going to give you a challenge, one you cannot beat, and teach you while you fight. It will not kill you, but you will be moving ing real life so you can get hurt." Black said.

    "What's my challenge?" Pidge asked.

     "You, will be fighting Voltron." Red smirked a bright light shone, and Voltron was in front of her. With a sword.

    "WHAT! YOU CAN'T JUST SAY FIGHT VOLTRON!" Pidge panicked. She dove out of the way as Voltron cut down at her. Then the wall of the castle built up around her, Voltron had the same power but was smaller, and Pidge found herself back in the lab. She saw her physical form for a split second, but it had a blindfold on.

    Pidge turned and ran out of the lad, hitting the wall and running down the hall. Good, you're a fast runner, that will come in handy, Red said. Pidge side stepped as the sword came down again.

    Pidge ran down another hall and hit the wall again, then took off, flying passed a confused Keith. Before she could get far thought Voltron's sword came down again, and Pidge brought out her shield, but now voltron was pinning her. Never get yourself in these kind of situations in the future, they always lead to trouble, Blue said.

     Pidge pushed up enough that she could get out from underneath the shield, she then slid between Voltron's legs and back in the other direction. Keith ran up to catch her, not knowing that a Voltron only she could see was chasing them.

     "Pidge what are you doing?" Keith said.

     "Training!" Pidge said she ran. Then she almost ran into Lance and Hunk. "Lance! Hunk!" Pidge said as she slid in between them, simultaneously turning and facing Voltron.

     Okay, Pidge. Feet wide, get your body lower, and get ready, Blue said.

    "Feet wide, get my body lower, and get ready." Pidge repeated, following their instructions. Lance and Hunk looked at Keith for an explanation, Keith just shrugged. Voltron put its sword away and took out Hunk's laser cannon. 

     Pidge was shaking in fear when Voltron stopped. Then she heard Red's voice. My boy, I am your lion. Your friend has found the quintessence plains and is learning how to fight. If you trust me, close your eyes and imaging the plains. Open them again and you and your short friend will train together.

     Keith looked around to try and find the voice, but then gave up and closed his eyes. When he opened the again he saw Voltron. 

     Keith ran next to Pidge and took his bayard out. "WE HAVE TO FIGHT VOLTRON!" He said. Pidge nodded, and got ready. Voltron unfreezed and started to fire the gun. Pidge reflected a few of the shots with her grappling hook, and Keith with his sword. Soon however, they had to flee.