三十

My skin felt like it ignited and my heart was piloting a fighter jet.

Seeing him again, hearing his voice...

The mental overload and feeling of needing a break was gone just like that.

Call it lust, maybe infatuation, but all I knew is that my body and soul was screaming to be with him.

Of course I wasn't going to let him off easy though.
" SOO YOU FINALLY DECIDE TO SHOW UP!"

I said jokingly with folded arms and a smile.

Bee tugged on my clothes and signaled me that she was gunna start to head home. Before I could even tell her to be careful she already told me 'I'll text u when I'm home' and pranced off.

I noticed some kids were still funneling out the school as I watched Bee walk across the street.

The sound of a throat clearing broke my attention though as I realized how close Laurence got.

" H-how was school ?" He said blushing.

He seemed anxious but in a good way. He couldn't stop smiling which in turn made me smile as a blush of my very own fought its way through my freckles.

" It was okay, would of been a million times better if you were there though." I said still wearing this big goofy ear to ear smile.
" Where were you ?" I asked.

" Setting up your surprise !" He said excitedly.

" Surprise ?" I questioned.

Just then an alert on his phone made him turn around scanning the street for something.
" It's here ! Come on let's go !"

He motioned me towards a white car that I assumed was waiting for us to hop in.

When we got to the car, we both reached for the door handle to try and let each other in first and the small touch felt like a euphoric volt course through my body while we chuckled. He submitted and got in first while my grin just couldn't seem to fade away.

" You're uhh Laurence.P right ?" The man driving asked.

" Yup that's me !" He responded showing him his Uber app profile and Uber order.

" Great ! Buckle up you two, we should be there in no less than forty minutes give er take on traffic." The man said as the car started to slowly roll.

                                ><•><

The drive seemed less than forty despite heavy traffic but that's probably because we got into a real engaging conversation with the driver.

Didn't know people still believed in a flat Earth but the way he explained it was fun ! I do think he got annoyed though when I asked him if anyone else a-round the globe felt the way he did.

We got out the car and the smell of seawater and an extra chill breeze startled me.

" Laurence where are we ?" I said hugging myself.

" Walk with me and you'll see !" He said excitedly.

I playfully sighed as I followed him through a thick passing of tropical plants which lead to a weird rocky terrain before converting to sand.

The ocean was a beautiful shade of blue and the overhead sun was almost approaching sunset.

I stepped onto the sand still mesmerized by the ocean when something under my foot caused me to look down.

A blue flower petal which lead to another

And another ?

I noticed they were making a path into the beach when I saw it.

A huge blanket was laid on the sand with the blue flowers surrounding it in a heart shape. The blanket had baskets on it, a cooler, a few pillows, a speaker, folded blankets, and a vase with blue flowers in the middle. Infront of all of that stood a tall and wide crisp white sheet which looked like the kind people used to project movies onto.

My jaw dropped as I seen Laurence at the corner of my eye examining me and twiddling his fingers.

" Did...Laurence...did you ?"

Brain.exe stopped working, all systems were failing at this point as I tried to come up with words. 

" Do you like it ?" He asked shyly hiding his self in the neck of his hoodie.
" I figured since we're technically going out now or at least trying to then we should start it off with a proper date ? I don't know, I thought maybe we could talk, watch a few movies and then watch the sunset ?"

I was still in awe at everything. He really skipped school just to set all of this up for us...

" Laurence...this is beyond perfect. YOU are beyond perfect !" I said looking at him fully now.

He turned a deep shade of pinkish red while our eyes met each other with harmony.

He seemed to had been frozen where he stood so I grabbed his hand and made our way to the blanket.

" I hope you like Pb&j ! I don't know your sandwich order or anything else you really like for that matter so I just kept it with the simple stuff !"

"....I'm allergic to peanuts." I said swiftly

The mortified look on his face made me burst out laughing which made him realize I was joking.

" DONT DO THAT !! I GOT SO SCARED!" He yelled clutching his chest.

I took hold of his hand again to calm him down.
" Laurence, you did everything truly perfectly. I couldn't imagine anything else better than this moment here with you."