十七

I huffed as my soaked shirt stuck to my body.

" If you would of just listened to me I wouldn't be dying now !" I said sitting up right clutching my stomach.

He laughed.
" Relax you're not dying, it's just a cramp."

He lifted himself out the pool and the water made his swimming trunks stick to his leg. For a split second I thought I saw his print and looked away blushing.

" Come on, I have some spare clothes you can change into in my room." He said handing me a towel.

I wrapped it around my waist drying myself off as we walked in.

This time the house smelled like all sorts of good food.

Bee and Michelle were around the table eating burgers when Mrs.Peckerd called to us.
" Hey boys we're all going to watch a movie soon, want to join us ?"

" As much as I love you mom, I think me and Hassan are gunna play some video games upstairs." Laurence answered.

" Okay ! You guys don't break anything up there." She smiled as we walked up the stairs.

I followed Laurence into a beige room set with black wood furniture and a messy pile of laundry in a corner. There was a tank with leaves in it but I didn't see if there was an animal inside.

It smelled interesting in here. Kind of like a lavender air freshener smell and a hint of something else that I just couldn't put my nose on.

I got closer to the tank feeling the water still cling to my body as I hugged the towel tighter to my waist.

" That right there is my good ole pal Sam." Laurence said scavenging through draws.

" What is he ?" I said looking into the tank.

" A chameleon."

" Whoa really ? That's so cool." I stared in awe but couldn't quite make out the lizard in there.

" These might fit you." Laurence said handing me a black tank top and checkered shorts.
" It was from my emo phase way back when."

I laughed taking them.
" You, Mr.Optimistic had an emo phase ?" I mocked.

" There's a lot of things you don't know about me." He said grinning.

" In time I'll figure it all out but for right now where do I change ?"

" Oh, that door right there is my bathroom." He said pulling out some jeans.

He even gets his own bathroom ? What the hell kind of salary are his parents making !?

After I finished changing I came back to see he was still shirtless with only his jeans on. His hair looked curly from the water and his skin now smooth and radiant.

" Okay so your choices are Ps4, Xbox, or Wii Sports ?" He said with each controller lined on his lap.

" Wii Sports ! I'm unbeatable in the tennis mode." I joked sitting on his bed next to him.

I felt my eyes grow heavy as he put in the disk and put on his tv.

" Hey if you're still tired you can go to sleep in here ?" He said looking back at me.

He sat down next to me examining my face.

" I'm fine ! You just don't want me to play cause you know I'll win."

" Pfft, maybe if this was real life basketball yeah, but video game sports ? I think I have you beat."

We both laughed and when we stopped he stared at me again.
" So what was that dream about that has you so gone ? I may be of assistance, I use to study psychology and stuff when I was back in Tennessee."

I sighed.
" It's crazy but I keep having this reoccurring nightmare that I'm running from myself in stormy weather. I always wake up before the other me catches me but it feels so real and terrifying."

He looked at me quizzically before speaking.
" Well usually when you're being chased in a dream it's your subconscious telling you that you're avoiding an issue or a person. Dreaming of storms or heavy rain signifies overwhelming struggle or unexpressed fears and emotional turmoil."

I stayed quiet as his eyes and analysis hypnotized me.

" Hassan, are you really okay ? Cause a dream like that could mean you're running from your self because you're scared to deal with an internal issue. Seriously I'm here for you man if you want to talk."

He stared at me smiling and it made me feel safe. His trust, intellect, charm, kindness, sense of humor, everything about him was enticing and I just can't take it.

Everything seemed to slow down. Him, me and the inches separating us.

I leaned forward closing my eyes and kissed him...