The class was packed by the door as we waited for the lunch bell to sound off our race.

Usually we couldn't stand up in this class without permission but we had a sub today who was sleeping at the desk.

The bell rang and kids of all sizes and shapes funneled out into the hall, the noise instantly picking up.

I stopped at my locker to get my small lunch bag filled with grapes and left over pizza from last night as various conversations trailed behind me.

" Hey Hassan ! So do you wanna sit with us today ?"

I groaned in silence closing my eyes trying to muster my cool before turning around.

Charolette, every movies perfect cliche of 'at the top annoying rich cheerleader' the only thing she was missing was the vanilla scented perfume and perfect blonde hair.

" I don't know, I have to study for this pop quiz we may or may not get next period in Sanson's class."

I closed my locker and started walking to the cafeteria as she followed.

" Well that sucks, anywayyy the Halloween dance is coming up and I know you have a spot open for a date right ?"

I opened the door for her as she walked in backwards keeping her eyes and seductive smile glued to me.

" Who said I'm even going ?" I asked.

" It's obvious, in your meet the senior article in the schools newspaper you put Halloween as one of your favorite holidays !"

So that's why those kids were asking me all those questions last week ? I thought they were just doing a survey for a project.

" I don't know, you have a lot of competition Charolette." I said jokingly shrugging my shoulders.

" Well that doesn't bother me, I always come out on top anyway and I always get what I want." She said puckering her lips.

We parted but not before she gave me a hug that I reluctantly returned.

I went to my signature table where nobody else sits and sat down shaking my head and zipping open the lunch bag.

I felt something tug on my pants gently and before totally freaking out I peaked under to find Bee in a fetal position giving me a shush sign.

I looked around for any lunch monitors then dove my head back under the table.
" What are you doing here don't you have a class !?" I whispered quickly.

" Yeah but it's Chemistry nothing too important." She whispered back.

" One, Chem is a major science you have to pass ! Two, why are you here and not there !?"

" To see if you were making friends which you aren't ! You said you were gunna try !"

She had me there, I was hoping to go the whole day without talking to anyone except if they needed help or if it was something I just couldn't avoid.

" Can I atleast eat my food first !?"

" No you may not ! This is important, I found some more info out on Michelle's brother."

" Who ?"

" The guy I was telling you about earlier !"

She poked her head out checking both ways before fully coming out from under the table and throwing her hoodie over her head.

" You see the table over there near the vending machine ?"

She subtly pointed in the direction and there he was.

His flawless pale olive skin contouring with the cafeteria light. The rusted blonde strands that waved effortlessly along his head. His silky pink lips that matched his sculpted cheek bones and to top it all off a cute button nose.

How have I never seen him before ?

Bee pressed a napkin on my chest.
" Keep drooling like that and the janitors might confuse you for a leaking pipe."

" Oh whatever. Don't you see he has his headphones in and he's reading a book ? If I went over there I'd just be bothering him."

" Hassan if you don't go over there I swear I'm gunna put Nair in your hair shampoo." She said gritting her teeth.

I looked at her then back to him and sighed rolling my eyes.
" Fine. Only cause I don't want to wake up bald and look like a speckled egg not cause anything else !"

" Deal, just let me be the flower girl at the wedding." She said victoriously.

I gathered my stuff and headed towards his table.

What was this feeling ? With every step closer I felt myself becoming more flustered and nervous.

It was like a pressure increasing on my chest as I drew near.

I plopped myself on the seat and placed my lunch bag next to me as he looked up.

" Hey...I'm Hassan."