十八

He pulled away the second our lips intertwined.

His face was stricken with a dumbfounded expression.
" Hassan...I-

Before he could finish his door bursted open and Jason walked in cheesing.
" Hey guys ! Don't tell me you're playing video games without me ?"

Laurence kept his eyes glued to me before turning to his brother.

He was about to speak but I got up and ran out his room as he called out for me.

I felt salty tears pooling in my eyes as I sped down the stairs and grabbed the front doors handle.

" Honey where you going?" Mrs.Peckerd called from somewhere behind me.

I couldn't even face her as tears started to roll down my face.

" My dad called me and said he needed help at home, I'm sorry but thanks for having me though !" I said before walking out the door.

I started sprinting home feeling the cool air whisk through the thin fabric of my shirt. I ran so fast all the Halloween decorations seemed like colorful blurs passing me.

When I got home I fumbled trying to unlock the door as tears continued to roll down my freckled cheeks.

I ran to my room got a pillow off my bed and screamed as loud as I could into it before falling backwards on the sheets.

What did I just do ? Why did I just do that !?

My chest felt numb as the fresh sunset gleamed through the blinds.

That was so humiliating...

I stared at my phone looking at my NewYork friend's numbers and their abundance of missed calls and texts.

I love them so much and I wish I could talk to them but we made a deal that I loose contact for the whole year so when I come back I can tell them about my time here.

We have it perfectly planned out. When I get back we're going to have a beach bonfire and I could tell them all about my southern senior experience and we could all look back and laugh.

Plot twist for them, this whole time they've known me they never knew I liked guys. Ironically, my senior year looks like it's gunna be focused on one in particular...

I cried out of embarrassment and frustration now not knowing how to feel.

He pulled away...

So much for him liking guys huh ?

I let the tears run down my face some more feeling hopeless and eventually went to sleep out from the headache I gave myself.

When I got up my room was pitch black with the lunar rays dancing on my walls.

Twelve o'clock ?

I ran out my room and opened Bee's door to find her sleeping under pink covers. I gently closed it then checked in my parents room to find them sound asleep as well.

Bee must of told them one hell of a story for them to leave me alone the whole day and let me sleep.

I owe her one yet again.

I went into the bathroom and looked into the mirror. The person staring back at me was so broken and unfamiliar.

" Who are you ?" I said to my reflection.

I echoed a heavy sigh as I started taking off my clothes while starting the shower.

Wait these were his !

A mix of emotions hit me again. Anger, Sadness, Hope, Despair, and Humiliation.

I threw the clothes on the floor hopping into the shower.

Did I loose my only friend here ?