" Hey Hassan !"

As I jogged to the principals office that annoying voice and mispronunciation stopped me in my tracks.

" For the last time my name is Hu-Sahn not Hass-An. Now what do you want Tanner ?" I said snapping back around.

Tanner was the old captain of the basketball team before I came here and get this, he blames ME for HIS lack of skill and claims I stole his scholarships and high school career.

" A one on one match in the court. If I win you quit the team." He said menacingly.

" And if I win ?" I questioned tilting my head.

" That won't happen because there's no way I'm ever loosing to you !"

" Tanner last week and the week before that we did this same thing. You challenge me to a game, I win by an absurd amount of points, you get mad and declare vengeance and the cycle repeats its self."

As annoying as he is I didn't mean to take his spot on the social ladder or his position on the team.

The coach literally got on his knees and begged me to join the team. A grown man breaking down into full on cry baby mode asking me to save his job how could I say no ?

" Fine whatever, at the park three o'clock today." I said turning away from him.

I tuned out his threats as I started making pace back to the principals office.

I creeped in slowly and there Bee was sitting in the chair getting lectured by Mr.Honarett.

I knocked on the already open door catching their attention.

" Ahh yes Mr.Jameson just the person I wanted to see ! I believe this one here is related to you ?"

Bee brandished a hellish smile as she twirled her left braid.

" Yup she's all mine. So what's the sentence here ?" I said closing the door.

" Well skipping class and running from superiors in the lunchroom should call for a week of detention if not suspension."

" Oh really ? Well if that happens I guess the basketball team is going to start experiencing some heavy losses. There goes Rydel's shot at having a state and national trophy in its empty case."

I hated manipulating others but I owe Bee this.

Mr.Honarett cleared his throat and motioned his hands to the door before addressing Bee.

" Ms.Jameson you are free to leave !"

" But of course Mr.Honarett pleasure doing business with you." She said doing a curtsy then strolling pass me.

The lunch bell rang and I could already hear the kids shuffling into the hallway from here.

" Mr.Jameson a word."

I turned back to him leaning on the opened door.

" If we catch her again-

" Oh no yeah I got it, if you catch her again that's all on her. I just owed her one so I had to use my level of 'persuasion' to get her out this time." I said reassuringly.

He banged a stack of papers on his desk nodding his head.
" Alrighty then now off to class. Don't want our star player being late now do we ?"

I chuckled.
" No sir."

I closed the door and headed to my sixth period anatomy class slowly when I unfortunately bumped into Charolette.

" So Hassan word in the halls is you're speaking to Laurence ?"

My heart dropped. What did she mean ? Did she know that I like guys !? Does she think I like him !?

I tried to relax my face and steady my breathing as I continued to walk.

" Yeah he's a pretty cool guy so what ?" I said.

" So what ? Umm hello did you not hear about his brother ? Apparently he went to jail for like murder or something. That's why he's always alone cause everyone's scared to talk to him." She said flipping her ginger hair.

I raised my eyebrows this time looking at her shocked.

" What's the story ?" I asked as we headed into class.

" Well you didn't hear it from me, but his brother mutilated his ex when he found out she was cheating on him and hid her body in a trench. He's only out of jail because someone forgot to put a signature in the right place and just like that he was free to go." She whispered.

I didn't know whether to believe her or not. My first week here and on the news a man was reported wrestling three alligators in his swimming pool.

At this point I don't even know what to expect.

Am I really attracted to a psychopaths brother ?