<~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~>

He pulled out his headphones and raised an eyebrow.

" Oh my fault, I said I'm Hassan."

I gulped feeling my heart pound in my chest. I felt like everything about this was just awkward the way my face was, how I'm sitting, how I kept tapping my foot.

" Laurence." He said.

" Fancy, I never hear that name anymore."

Why did I say that !? Now he probably thinks that I think his name is old.

" I mean not saying like your name is outdated or anything ! It's a cool name I just don't hear it to often..."

Please someone end my suffering

He closed his book and put away his head phones smiling.

" It's okay, the name is pretty ancient. The only other Laurence's I know are all in their late forty's and bitter. But my parents thought it was a name fit for royalty so here I am." He chuckled gesturing his hands in a reveal pose.

I smiled nervously staring into his moonlit eyes.

" So why haven't I seen you around here before ?" I asked.

" I usually avoid the popular, sporty kids. Not really my flow."

" Oh so you've been avoiding me ?" I joked.

" Not necessarily, I mean I know of you. We have some early classes together and literally the first week of school everyone kept talking about the new guy 'Hassan Jameson' from New York."

He did jazz hands when he said my name making me smirk.

" Yeah...I wanted to stay under the radar when I got here but as you can see that didn't happen. Now everyone wants to be my friend." I said rolling my eyes huffing.

" Well what makes you think I want to be your friend ?" He said folding his arms.

A lump formed in my throat as my eyes widened.

" W-well I- umm..."

" Relax I'm joking with you ! You seem pretty genuine, I like that. It's a very rare thing to come by now a days."

What was this guy doing to me ? Not even five minutes passed and I'm already tripping over words and fighting myself to stop smiling.

" Yeah you're right. I know I'm going to sound like the worlds most arrogant prick right now but I didn't ask for all this popularity. The genes I couldn't help I was just born attractive I guess but that doesn't mean I don't still have insecurities. Just cause everybody else likes what they see doesn't mean I do."

He scrunched his face in confusion.
" And here I thought all jocks were emotionally detached, vain and stupid. It's nice to see someone with actual depth in here."

I scratched the back of my neck slyly.

" Yeah, I wasn't to keen making any friends in here but your different from the rest of these people I'll give you that."

He smiled keeping eye contact with me. Before he could open his mouth again yelling from behind distracted us.

" YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE !"

Bee was running from two security guards criss crossing around tables trying to catch her.

"GOOD LUCK HASSAN !" She screamed before bolting out the exit doors as the cafeteria clapped and cheered.

" Friend of yours ?" Laurence asked taking his headphones back out.

I sighed.

" Thats my sister. It was good talking to you but I should go try and bail her out of trouble." I said shaking my head and gathering my belongings before standing up.

" After school in the front courtyard. I sit on the fountain stairs waiting for my brother to pick me up. See you there ?" He said putting one headphone in.

I nodded my head
" Yeah definitely, I'll be there !"

He put in the other earbud nodding his head.
" Cool."

With that I left jogging into the hallway trying to find Bee.

I bit my bottom lip smiling. I gotta give her some serious props for this one.