二十四

Charolette and I continued to dance as the crowd formed a circle around us cheering us on.

The lights were spinning and I had two more cups of spiked punch before I started to get even more wobbly.

" Hey Hassan are you alright ?" Charolette asked as I stumbled over to the bleachers.

" Yeah...p-perfectly fine ! Everything was just moving so I had to sit down for a while." I hiccuped as she handed me a water bottle.

" Drink this you'll feel better, do you want me to get you some chips or something ?"

" I don't want to feel better ! I want to feel this way ! It's like...nothing matters but at the same time it d-does ?"

" ...The dance is going to be over after this song, I can take you home if you want ?" She said.

" Take me home !? WOMAN IM A ROCK STAR ! I have no curfew !" I yelled swaying.

" I'm sure you are ! But you're like really gone and my pursuit doesn't count if you're not sober."

I felt my stomach start to rumble and keeled over throwing up missing Charolette's shoes.

Some people stared at us laughing and taking pictures as Charolette covered me and walked me to the door.

I broke free from her and ran back into the party as she called out after me.

Pushing my way past ghouls and monsters I ran into someone almost pinning them to the floor.

" Hassan ?"

Plump lips, small eyes, a sculpted jawline and styled hair picked me up to my feet.

" Oh hey Bryan what are you doing here ?"

" Hassan we walked here together, are you alright ?" He said escorting me to an empty table at the back of the gymnasium.

" Yeah I'm good ! Jussst chillin man."

He smelled the air around me.

" Have you been drinking !? Dude you know we have that drug test thingy this week right !?"

" ...I didn't study though."

He facepalmed before the DJ caught our attention.

"Ladies and gentlemen start to gather your things and head out ! After this song is done the party doesn't have to stop but it can't stay here. To all the students of Rydel High, a safe Halloween !"

" Hey we have to go to Charolette's now ! She's having a party." I said

" I'll walk you there if you-

A hand grabbed me pulling me to my feet.

" Thanks but no thanks Bryan, I see your game here. Flirt with Hassan while he's drunk huh ?" Charolette said wrapping my arm around her.

Before Bryan could answer she whisked me away and headed towards the exit.

" BYE MOM" I said waving to Bryan.

As we cleared the crowd and made our way outside where we were greeted by the night sky covering the town in a navy blue smog.

Charolette put me in the back of her Jeep and put a seatbelt around me before closing the door and moving to the drivers seat.

" I'm not a baby ya know I didn't need your help and what time is it ? Are we gunna be late to the party ? Is Laurence going to be there ?" I said in one breath playing with the condensation on the window.

" People are probably already there cause I left my house open to Nia so she could set up but I don't know if a lot of people are going to be there. And I don't know, why ?" She said driving out the parking lot.

" Oh uhhh no reason I think I wanna fight him, but I don't know what for." I said.

" Yeah how about we not do that in my house ? Maybe in the backyard but the house is off limits, I can't have my parents find out there were people in there." She said looking at me through the rear view mirror.

" Mkay, you know after throwing up I kinda feel better. I might be drunk though."

" Gee you think ? I didn't know you could get down like this Hassan, it's cute but like adorable puppy kind of cute." She said keeping her eyes to the road.

" Aww thanks ! I think ?" I said moving my fingers up and down the seatbelt like a guitar.

After a few minutes passed she finally pulled into a drive way of a huge two story house that had music blasting and decorations all over the lawn.

" Well here we ar- Hey Hassan !"

She yelled after me as I ran out the car.