Last period bell sounded allowing me to finally escape this jail house and out to the free world.

I managed to dodge the Basketball team from trying to fill me in on 'who's the hottest girl in school' and 'who's gunna smash who by the end of the week'.

I mentally rolled my eyes in frustration just thinking about them.

People like them are the reason sport players get stereotyped into roid using sex addicts. Definitely not my kind of associates but they're lucky I have a generous heart and their coach is a great person or else they'd still be on their loosing streak.

I walked out the main doors as the October wind greeted me with a chill delight on my skin.

I felt a pressure on my back almost causing me to face plant as the familiar smell of light perfume made me realize.

" Hey Bee." I said carrying her on my back.

She hoped off and stepped in my way examining me.
" What's wrong ?"

" Nothing..."

She raised an eyebrow and folded her arms.

" Laurence said he was going to ask me a question at lunch but he never showed up." I said shrugging my shoulders.

Bee tilted her head then smiled.
" Welp good things come to those who are patient."

I gave her a confused look until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

" Hey is it alright if I borrow him for second ?" Laurence said looking down to Bee.

" But of course, I was already on my way home." She said turning around.

" Bee keep your-

" Phone on ! Yes I got it relax." She yelled cutting me off as she crossed the street.

I turned my attention back to Laurence after I couldn't see Bee anymore. I fought a smile that was trying to force its way to my lips just seeing his glossy eyes stare at me.

" Okay let me just start off with saying I'm so sorry for leaving you hanging at lunch. I didn't make it to my class on time and the teach gave me lunch detention for not coming in with a pass."

" Hmm...I guess I accept this apology !" I said sarcastically giving in to the smile.

" By the way, now that the coast is clear, what is it that you wanted to ask me ?"

" Oh it's not even a question anymore, we're gonna do it." He said confidently.

I raised my eyebrows in shock.

" Oh no I didn't mean like do it do it ! I meant like, what I was going to ask you we're gunna do. Well we should do ! I mean..."
He sighed scratching the back of his head.

" Are you free today ?" He asked.

I immediately felt my heart flutter and eyes burst wide open.

Was he asking me on a date !?

" Y-yeah I'm free." I stuttered.

" Great then let's go !" He said grabbing my wrist as he ran leading me away from the school.

" Where are we going !?" I asked jogging behind him.

" It's a surprise !" He yelled back picking up his speed.

The clouds overhead consumed the sun as we kept jogging down the street.

Please universe don't make it rain on our first, what I hope to be, date.

                               ><•><

" Ya know you could of told me we were gunna run practically across town !" I said huffing following him through a parking lot.

" Yeah but then where's the suspense ?" He responded catching his breath.

" And here we are mon ami !" He shouted in a lousy French accent that made me cringe.

I'll give him A+ for the effort, lousy as it was it was cute nonetheless.

He did a jazz hands reveal showing a huge building with 'Arcade'  in flashing neon lights with a retro 80's design.

" Not too many people from our side of town really come here, it's my perfect escape into some relaxing fun without the high strung snobbiness of everyone else." He said.

" And what makes you think I'm not like the others just in disguise ?" I quipped.

" Well for starters you're wayyyy different from the rest of them and I don't know. I just feel like I can trust you."

His tone possessed a mix of awkwardness and embarrassment which made me chuckle under my breath.

" I trust you too...It's a shame that you're gunna loose in every game in here against me though." I said smiling victoriously.

" Oh you're so on !"

We both ran inside squeezing through the door simultaneously.

I think I'll let him win a couple rounds, just so I don't break his ego.