I gasped for air waking up.

I felt the sweat drip down my back as I put my head in my hands.

For the last few months there's this random reoccurring dream I have where I'm running from myself in a raining city.

I thought it had stopped since I haven't had it in the last few weeks or so but I guess I was wrong.

After getting out of bed, showering and eating breakfast Bee and I walked our same path to school.

" You've been pretty quiet, something bothering you ?" She asked.

" I had that dream again so I'ma little tired."

" It's been awhile since that dream. You think it's because of him ?"

" Who Laurence ? I doubt it."

Just then Charolette's story popped back into my head.

" Bee I forgot to tell you ! Apparently he's always alone because his brother is some insane axe murderer." I said gripping the straps of my book bag.

She gave me a puzzled look.
" That could explain why Michelle was alone the first couple days of school."

" Who ? Oh right his little sister." I said as we made our way down the schools block.

" Oh well, Michelle is pretty cool so I'm still going to be her friend. Can't judge one person off the actions of others, it's not like they can just stop being family either." She said.

I shrugged my shoulders.
" Good point."

As we walked into the school with all the other kids I felt a strange feeling in my gut that I just couldn't shake off.

Something was going to happen today I don't know if it's good or bad but I feel like something is definitely stirring.

Maybe it's gunna rain ?

><•><

I took my regular seat in my second period class and stared out the window while the teacher continued to call out names.

People were still walking into class making her start over in her head as she waved a pencil counting each one of us silently instead.

" Is this seat taken ?"

A familiar voice broke my gaze of the dying trees.

Laurence had his thumbs in his pockets hovering over the vacant desk next to me.

" Yeah my friend sits there actually." I lied smiling at him.

He slid himself into the chair giving me a side smirk.
" Yesterday you said you didn't have any friends."

" I know, I was just checking if you were listening." I said admiring his features.

I'm no expert at physics but there is definitely some serious laws of attraction going on here.

...did I really just think that ?

I sat up straight keeping my eyes glued to him as he shuffled around in his book bag.

" Hey I never got to ask you yesterday." He said without looking at me.

I got nervous and adjusted myself in my seat hoping nobody noticed my former mesmerized look.
" Oh right, what was it ?"

" Do you wanna-

" Okay class ! Since everyone is here and accounted for I have a surprise for you all."

Ms.Grovaski did a fake drum roll before starting again.

" A pop quiz !"

We all collectively groaned and slumped in our desk.

Before I could open my mouth to Laurence again I was stopped by her.

" Ah ah ahh! No talking Mr.Jameson or else that's minus five from your quiz grade." She said while handing out the papers of death.

Laurence gave me a sorrowful yet understanding expression as he shrugged his shoulders and took out a pencil.

She placed the test on our desks and walked passed us doing the same for the kids behind.

" I'll ask you at lunch okay ? After class I have to jet to the other side of the building for English and that teacher is super strict." Laurence whispered to me.

" Yeah at lunch got it." I whispered back.

Hopefully a freakin asteroid doesn't fall on the school by then since the universe loves toying with my life.

I sighed reading some of the questions on the quiz.

....Wait we didn't go over this shit !?