Chapter Five

Author's note: Hey :) So I finally updated, sorry it took me so long... I'm pretty lazy :P Yeah, I went on a total writing frenzy and wrote all this in 3 days, yay to me xD

So, hope you like it! Leave a comment with your opinion and maybe vote if you like it! 

This chapter is dedicated to TheLostAngel for being an awesome reader and reading every chapter of my story and leaving long, detailed reviews on each :D You're awesome! xx

[Oh and yeah, just a warning, if you read The Gone Series, there's a teeny tiny spoiler in this :P Not a big one though...]

Enjoy! :D 

Chapter 5

    “Zeriella,” a voice said as I walked through the double doors of building number four after having breakfast. I looked towards the direction of the voice to see Pauline, the plump weekend supervisor hurrying towards me. “I was waiting for you. Your parents sent over a message; they told me to tell you that they’re waiting for you in the lounge.”

    “Oh,” I said stopping in my tracks. “Thank you for giving me the message.”

    “No problem honey,” Pauline said giving me a warm smile walking back to the counter where the other supervisor, a balding middle aged man with a potbelly, was seated reading a newspaper. I sighed and walked back out the doors into the warm summer morning.

    I made sure to walk as slowly as I could and got to the lounge in no less than fifteen minutes. I walked through the entrance of the lounge and spotted my parents sitting on a set of couches chatting happily with… my sister.

    My heart dropped to the bottom of my stomach when I spotted her sitting there with a big smile on her face as she talked to my parents. She had her glossy, straight hair in a neat, high ponytail. Lilliana was wearing designer clothing like she always did; today she was wore a sleeveless, sky blue dress that stopped just above her knees that looked simple yet elegant.

    I took a deep breath and made my way towards my parents.

    “Hello Zeriella,” my mother said as she saw me, she was wearing a pair of dress pants and a silky white blouse, a pair of large pearl studs on her ears complete with a pearl necklace and a pearl bracelet to go with it. Her hair was loose and pin straight stopping at her shoulders.  “What took you so long?” I stood there tugging on the sleeve of my forest green, long sleeved sweater.

    “I was having breakfast,” I said shrugging.

    “Well sit down honey,” she said in the falsely sweet voice she always used with me now. It took a lot of effort to prevent myself from rolling my eyes; here we go with the forced pleasant conversation. I sat down on one of the empty armchairs placed on either end of the coffee table.

    “Are you not going to greet us?” my mother asked as my father and sister looked at me expectantly. My father was wearing yet another suit, today a black one with a white shirt and a red tie.

    “Hi,” I muttered unwillingly.

    “How was your week?” my father asked me. I shrugged uncaringly.

    “It was fine.” My father nodded and Lilliana leaned back into the cushion on the couch she was sitting on and crossed her legs. No one said anything for a while.

    “Let’s get some coffee over here,” my father said breaking the silence and signalling for one of the staff members to come over. A woman in her early twenties with short cropped, honey coloured hair came towards us smiling. The name tag on her yellow t-shirt read Isabella.