The Alliance of The Nether & Watchmaker

"..."

"Franco, you cannot be angry with Florida forever," implored Luna as they sat in the gazebo in the Nether.

"It's just aggravating that she would choose a god who just screams out violence in his blood. I think those people just live for the pain, I just know it...and I was just fucking getting used to Silent," muttered Franco.

Luna laughed amusingly.

"Spoken just like a father," laughed Luna.

"Priest should've kept an eye out for the Polynesian Realm gods...they are known for multiplying like rabbits practically overnight."

Although Franco was aware that it was already part of the prophecy that Florida would bear the prophesied children, he still couldn't help but become irritated by the twisted sense of humor with the cosmos.

Very funny, motherfuckers. Threw a curveball on me, yet again.

"Franco...we owe our allegiance to the Tagaloa family for saving our realm. If it weren't for the intervention of Masina and Taua, then your brother and most importantly our daughter would've been forever lost in the Underworld. You have to at least give them your gratitude," she urged.

"Still...Do you know how humongous her children are gonna be? Pssh...I wonder what the hell Masina's people eat," complained Franco.

"Franco! They will be just as much ours as they will be the Polynesian Realms' children. That is such an asshole comment!" she laughed.

In order to qualm her husband's disgruntled attitude, Luna quickly changed the subject.

"Well...there is another thing to discuss, love. Hecate was unable to avoid Chaos' corruption. Dahlia tried to take the child, but it was much too late. Maacah made sure of it," Luna advised sadly.

"Sully will see to it that we can always initiate the Plan B initiative. Otherwise--"

"The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse will ensure the decimation of all mankind. I'm aware. But Florida and her husband will be strong enough to make the sacrifice. I'm sure of it...after all, it was what we did for Florida as well. To keep our distance and not intervene," she assured Franco, but her voice betrayed her confidence.

"But at least Florida has Priest. Will the Realms be just as understanding when the time comes for the Four chosen children. Our grandchildren, Luna?"

His eyes denoted a sadness that Luna understood all too well.

"The children will always have our loyalty. And we'll pledge our allegiance to Masina's new bloodline. You know that, Franco."

In actuality, the fates of their daughter and Mareko were still yet uncertain because the turning of the tides was now up to them. It was in their hands.

Luna just hoped they would make the right decision to give up the children to the Nether in order to save all the realms.

But the young immortal couple could never be aware of it until they decided on their own.

Willingly and without a doubt.

Such was the game of the cosmos.