The Return of Ghost

Phoenix arrived home a day before Priest since he was needed to debrief a last minute source. They were getting closer to obtaining intel on Novio's contact who was rumored to be Katia Romanoff. She was the daughter of a Romanoff Cartel Elitist in Belarus.

She admired her shoulder length blonde locks in the mirror. It was a last minute decision her flamingly fashion conscious hair stylist strongly recommended. Phoenix had requested a totally new look in order to make a statement that expressed she was finally in a place in her life that balanced out her happiness in career, family, and most importantly in love.

Phoenix was excited to see Florida. She was soon embarking on her own journey and graduation was in two weeks.

Stella wouldn't have wanted to miss this.

Brief sadness washed over her, but Phoenix soon smiled knowing that at least her wife would make an effort to be there in spirit. After all, they were descendants of the gods. All of them. Phoenix was now aware of her genealogy as well. The fact that her family came from Spain before settling in Ireland made it a reality that she was also of the long line of Desterrados. The thought made her cringe slightly.

Christ, that means Stella and Carlos are my cousins.

She ended up laughing out loud at the ridiculous thought.

Suddenly, she sensed a presence behind her before she even realized who it was.

But when she did, the revelation was earth shattering.

"Shit, I've always missed your laughter baby."

Eileen's eyes widened in utter shock and her body's only response was to start shaking in tremors. Her lip trembled, and she was suddenly unable to control her breathing.

It was her husband Trevor.

He stood in the doorway, and her eyes blinked in disbelief as tears began to spill mercilessly.

Eileen shook her head and suddenly couldn't move. Her hands went to her mouth and suddenly the room was spinning.

He still looked the same, but there was now a tortured, deadened look in his once vibrantly blue eyes.

Oh my God. You're not real!

Knowing nothing else but the flood of emotions running through her system, she ran to Trevor in silent desperation as he pulled her up, carrying Eileen onto his waist.

Eileen began sobbing uncontrollably and her legs wrapped around him possessively, hugging Trevor to make sure he was real. Her head leaned onto his shoulder while she wept.