You Got It Bad

"Come on, uce...There might be some teine aulelei's over there," urged Deuce. -pretty girls-

He was trying to talk Dice into changing his mind about going to Florida and Silent's wedding in a few days.

"..."

Dice wasn't in the mood. In fact, he had been quite irritable for the last few weeks and wasn't able to pinpoint the reason.

And it was aggravating the hell out of him.

Dice didn't know why, but what he did know was, he didn't want to go to a stuffy ass wedding for sure.

"Sheezus...you still salty about that Tahitian oracle chick in Vegas? She probably talking outta her ass and obviously pulled up partial information from your head," replied Deuce.

Maybe that's why...It's the only thing I can think of.

"I don't give a shit about her...I also don't wanna be your wingman, Manu. I just wanna stay here, hit up a bar, get my drink on, and bounce. And I can't do that if I'm around all those...anufe's," Dice muttered.

A look of concern came over Deuce's face.

"Mareko...you've been drinking a lot more lately, ever since we got back from Ireland. I can't even pull up anything from your mind during the Harpy incident because of Diana's healing. So, if this is about Rapa Nui, you need to let go of that guilt. It wasn't your fault. I pulled you into that mess, remember?... You gotta talk to me, uso."

Dice couldn't talk to Deuce about it because he couldn't even explain it himself.

He couldn't even remember anything other than what Phoenix and Sinner told him and Florida.

According to them, he and Florida just kissed so he could snap out of it and that was about it.

But Dice couldn't shake off that night and didn't know why.

"I'm fine. Probably right, I gotta let that shit go," he lied just to get his brother off his back.

Deuce smelled the lie right away but decided instead to let it go. When Dice was ready to talk, he would.

"So...are we going?" inquired Deuce.

"I dunno why you ask pu ki'o...you already know," grinned Dice.

Florida's stomach was fluttering and her nerves were getting the best of her.

Until Phoenix urged her forward to the mirror.

Florida smiled at herself in the reflection.

At that moment, she saw how much she resembled Mama.

Her ivory lacy strapless organza gown flowed down to her feet and her beautifully loose updo with baby's breath matched her trailing veil.

Phoenix came up behind her and hugged her firmly.

"We are all so proud of you, baby girl. And Carlos was overcome with so much emotion when he found out he was going to be the one to walk you down the aisle. I'm just glad your father was alright with it. But he understands since he's still up in the Nether. And Mama wouldn't wanna miss this for the world, she'll be here in spirit." Phoenix kissed her on her cheek and walked away before she broke out into tears. Again.

As the bridesmaids filed out, Florida sat down on the bed and looked down at her engagement ring.

She sighed and decided to take a peek outside to see if the rest of the court was making their way outside onto the lawn.

As she did, she spotted Sinner, Specs and the twins walking up the hallway.

"Florida? Look at you...you're beautiful!" smiled Sinner as he hugged her.