The Corridor

After constant silent urging from Priest for Saint to listen to reason, he finally relented and joined up with Ryder, Specs, and Sinner.

"We're gonna hit the theater first, and work backward. But we need to stick together in case Murphy pulls another disappearing act on any more of our people," instructed Specs.

 "Phoenix, Frisco, Silent and I can hit top level and watch your back. We'll keep in close proximity should we need to be sped down," urged Sinner.

"Then head that way now so you can set up nest at a reliable spot by the theaters. We'll be right behind you. Priest might've located a soft spot he can hit and he'll hang back with Diablo. Otherwise, this is home base in the meantime. Guardian, I need you to keep your ear to comms in case Deuce suggests another energy source location," ordered Ryder.

After the teams broke off, Priest and Diablo made their way back towards the Southeastern tunnel.

"Just clean-up, Diablo! Do what you do best! Suck it all up with that black box you keep pulling outta your ass," seethed Priest angrily.

Just moments before, Diablo was trying to simultaneously pull debris out of the wall next to Priest.

Burnt wood chips and fire embers kept hitting Priest in the eyes while he was trying to burn down a wooden beam while his eyes were in the back of his head, deep in concentration.

Diablo was actually supposed to suck the smoke and flames into his vortex and telekinetically hold up the structure in case the tunnel collapsed.

"If I had to depend on your gay flaming powers, then we'd be here until midnight, anufe!" snapped Diablo.

Priest had to stop mid-burn, looking incredulously at Diablo.

"Do you know how fucking idiotic you sound when you say that word, motherfucker...AH-NOOH-FAY! Ooh, I'm so scared...you're basically threatening me like you're 'Little Bunny Foo-Foo--"

Diablo abruptly dealt a savage blow to Priest's jaw as he went down, but as he hit the ground, he immediately swung around and swept Diablo's legs and he fell as well.

They were both swinging wildly against each other and Diablo rolled up to his knees and telekinetically pulled both Priest's legs towards him as he flipped him over easily to put Priest into a headlock.

Priest then flipped Diablo's body over his head and the Hawaiian god writhed while he reached around his back, but suddenly he stopped and at the same time used his powers as it blasted rapidly towards Priest. 

Just as Priest attempted to jump to the side, he heard screaming behind him and two men fell into the vortex and it quickly disappeared.

They both got up quickly and observed Novio's men fast approaching.

Priest and Diablo quickly pulled out their pistols and ducked behind the beams for cover.

As they peered over, bullets started to spray in their direction.

"I need to get closer, Priest!" roared Diablo as he shot in their direction.

Priest was peering at the ammunition case at the main corridor and spotted rounds of grenades.

"JUST PULL OUR RIFLES, DIABLO!" Priest roared.

Diablo nodded as he crept down.

Priest covered him and continued shooting at the assailants until he emptied his clips. 

Diablo was out as well and swore under his breath as he also spotted their ammo box up ahead out of reach.

Since the corridor was enchanted as well, he was unable to pull the weapons towards them.

More men were piling into the corridor as they continued to spray bullets in Priest and Diablo's direction.

Priest wasn't able to manifest the invisible barrier to the corridor as his flames bounced off in their direction.

A lone assailant got close enough to them, but Priest killed him immediately by throwing his bowie knife and it plunged right into the man's face.

Diablo spotted a shotgun and a pistol on the dead man but was unable to get to him without getting shot.

He then turned to Priest.

"We need a distraction, so I can get to the man!" Diablo screamed over the barrage of bullets.

They needed to do something before the men got too close.

"What do you have in mind, pendejo? We're all out and cornered!"

Just as soon as Priest made the comment, Diablo rolled over swiftly and pushed Priest into the middle of the tunnel.

All the men trained their sights onto Priest and unloaded their spray of bullets onto Priest to his shock.

As soon as Diablo shoved him he slid down towards the dead man and immediately shot at the grenades in the ammo case in the corridor.

Priest's look of surprise disappeared into a blank expression as his body fell to the ground.

Priest was dead. Again.

A loud explosion erupted and the rock ceiling ended up collapsing on top of the Novio's men.