Intervention of Masina & Taua

"PLEASE, PRIEST! DONT' DO THIS!"

Guardian, Ryder, Widow and the two MIB agents' bodies were lying expressionless in a pool of blood at the front of the gate.

A brilliantly lit figure with long flowing hair was floating mid-air above the ninth gate.

The mysterious male was covered in a blinding aura of pure fire while he chuckled as he observed the chaos unfolding in front of him.

Silent was sobbing uncontrollably, still unable to move. Nia's powers were increasing the longer they stood in front of the portal and his will was faltering.

He was unable to turn away as he continued to watch in agony while Florida and Priest continued to struggle against each other, fighting over the Scepter of Life.

A bright while light overcame the darkness in the labyrinth all of a sudden.

Dahlia's translucent figure floated down atop the group.

Nia's black eyes widened in shock, but after she dropped Priest and Florida back to the ground, she chuckled in amusement.

"Grandmother--"

"You are no child of mine, Nia. You and Castor are abominations."

"Tsk. Tsk. Is that how you welcome new family into the fold Dahlia? You shouldn't even be here. It is against the laws of the cosmos. No intervention, you know how it goes."

"YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE, NETHER WENCH!" screamed the blindingly lit male quite murderously.

Florida was clutching her stomach as she raised her arm towards the figure for the assist and was coughing out in spasms as Priest laid on the ground in pain.

Silent was desperately trying to center himself to get to the both of them, but his body still wouldn't obey.

"SON! Do it now!"

With a pleading look, Omar silently begged Priest not to do what he was destined to do. 

Please, Carlos...

But with a quiet look of resignation and a plea for forgiveness, Priest hugged Florida tight as they both fell back towards the deep dark abyss into the underworld.

"NO! NOT MY WIFE!" screamed the unknown deity as he darted into the darkness with a flash of steel wings and soon disappeared as well into the abyss.

Silent collapsed back onto the ground, utterly devastated as he wept bitterly.

As soon as Nia was momentarily distracted, Dahlia pulled the Sceptre of Life from the entrance of the gates and plunged it into her cold, black heart.

Within seconds, Dahlia pulled Silent out of the labyrinth and materialized him back to safety.

What was left of Knight Squad, rushed forward and Phoenix's heart dropped. She knew then that Carlos had made the ultimate sacrifice to ensure the continuity of their kind. 

However, Priest would never allow Florida to suffer the desolation, so he went with her.

Saint woke up in cold sweats again. He turned over and noticed Widow was not in the room at the moment so she was spared another one of his increasing night terrors.

His heart was aching because he was already aware of the end result if he didn't take drastic measures soon.

For the last few weeks, everytime he dreamt, the body count kept rising and tonight was no different, and it was soul shattering.