The Naming of The Future King

After Ryder got off the phone with Ghost, he received word that the next pickup for their team was not until three days from then at approximately 0630 due to some unforeseeable technicalities. The Berlin facility was undergoing massive change of command issues at the moment.

Priest and Phoenix invited Ryder and Lesa to stay over at their place while Silent and Sinner remained at Saint and Widow's house.

In fact, Priest blocked Silent before he could even jump into their car. 

"I don't think so, cabron. I was only okay with that shacking up shit when we were at the barracks, but not in my house," he muttered under his breath, careful for Florida not to overhear.

Silent begrudgingly backed off and pecked Florida on the cheek while Priest watched on before they drove off.

But a thought came into Silent's mind as he chuckled while walking inside the house.

It's all good, pendejo. Sinner and I got a date with COD: Black Ops III so I could finally slay his ass with my sharpshooting skills.

As soon as Widow went upstairs to see Red, Saint rushed up the stairs obviously still peeved about the earlier incident.

He grabbed Widow by the arm and shoved her into their bedroom.

"Are you gonna tell me when you'll finally be over all this Nia shit, Widow? Because I can't help but think your Slutty Sally performance is you trying to get back at me!" he snapped.

She ended up rolling her eyes, shaking her head irritatingly.

Yup. Still the same, Saint. Clueless as fuck, asshole.

"Can you just relax your sphincter muscle, Saint? You're blowing this way out of proportion. And if you remember correctly, you're the dumbass who told me to go out in the first place! Imagine my surprise when I actually enjoyed myself for once, buttwipe!" she barked back.

Saint was losing it because he knew his wife better than that. 

She was a spiteful, vindictive little shit that was only at her best when you least expected it. 

"Are you trying to tell me something? Because if you're bored with our marriage--"

"Fucking Christ on a cracker, Saint! You need to quit making assumptions because you're clearly not good at it, meathead," she argued.

Her eyes sockets were beginning to burn again and quickly clenched her fists to quell her abilities before she created more property damage.

But suddenly in his mind, Saint could hear Red crying and left the room to get him.

As he looked down at his son, Saint started to think about the inevitable decision to leave his son in Tiafau and in the care of gods who probably didn't even know his child. 

And could never love their son like Saint and Widow did.

Saint felt Widow leaning her head on his back and he knew she was feeling the same as well.

As he picked Red up tenderly, he pulled Widow onto the rocking chair with him on his lap.

These two people mean the most to me in the world and we're going to have to make a decision quickly or else we won't be able to get Red back from Tiafau when Widow and I return.

"We have to agree on a name before we leave, baby," he stated.

Red was busy pulling on Saint's long hair brushing up against his cheeks. The baby giggled and tried to put it into his mouth with his clenched fist.

Saint grinned and pulled it away.

"How many of the nine realms' names are there left for him to rule?" inquired Widow while she brushed Saint's hair over his shoulder.

"Two have been taken. And the realms are called Lagi Tua Iva. The Nine Heavens."

"I liked Lu. It's short and simple and most importantly, I can pronounce it. Besides, there's something 'Kill Bill' about the name. Plus, Lucy Liu is a badass." she chuckled.

"Negative, Widow. That's a female name and a goddess realm."

"How about Lani?" she suggested.

"You mean Lagi. And, no. My son is not going to rule a fairy-ass defense-only realm."

"You might be right. I'm having a little trouble rolling my tongue with your aggravating words containing the 'ng' sound anyway." she grumbled.

"What do you suggest then, genius? Sheesh Saint, I dunno why you ask me in the first pl--"

"Toa. I like Toa. It's a strong name. And a good solid realm."

"..."

"Well? Do you have any smartass comments to offer?" he remarked.

Red was trying to eat his feet and Widow quietly laughed while she softly pinched the folds in his thigh.

You are so cuute my little guy!

Of course, he is...He takes after me, Widow.

Don't flatter yourself Saint. Ain't that right son? You're gonna be a real manly chick magnet one day. Yes, you are! And once again, don't fag out like your father when it comes to making last-minute choices!

Saint laughed and kissed Widow softly on her cheek.

"So, are we in agreement?" he asked while rocking Red.

Widow agreed wholeheartedly. It was a good choice.

"I like Toa. It emotes strength and--"

"It symbolizes both of us, Cassie. True passion, drive, and power beyond all comprehension," he whispered with sincere emotion.

"Is this gonna be a quick speech? Because I'm already full-up off of Prophet's bullshit attempts at being profound about the pureblood Tagaloa Line...Oh, did I mention that we're pureblood? I'm sorry, I was a bit short on my quota for today," she joked.

With Saint's free hand, he clasped Widow's fingers, intertwining with his own.

 "Man! I love you Widow. You're just lucky I can handle that mouth on you. But that attitude...Shit, If I didn't like fucking you so much, then we'd definitely have a problem," he smiled.