Florida's Protector

What the hell are you doing Omar?

He was able to hotwire one of the vehicles at the sight.

It was probably one of the rides belonging to the boys' new friend that showed up a little after he and Widow setup nest on site.

He assumed the owner of the vehicle was one of the kids Florida had killed.

Silent was just glad at the moment that Widow was unable to chase after them.

He was even more grateful Widow didn't have her rifle on her as well.

It would've been game over for him then.

In another lifetime, Florida's name was Helena, and his name was Paris. 

He didn't know how he knew that, but his soul did somehow. 

Everything in Silent knew this was wrong and atrocious, but he was unable to prevent himself from protecting Florida, at all costs.

First of all, there was the issue with their age difference. 

He was twenty-eight years old, and the girl was only eighteen.

As he sped down the freeway on his way to some unknown destination, because he hadn't decided on where to go next, his life began to flash before his eyes.

Phoenix will most likely flay me alive and to add to that, Priest is going to stuff my gonads into my mouth before I die a very slow death.

Silent had always made it a point to keep a low profile around his older teammates. In fact, he prided himself on always keeping a level head in every situation.

Until now.

As he looked towards Florida in the passenger seat, she appeared utterly frightened and devastated.

This was too much for her to handle and he knew that. 

As soon as he realized he had kissed her in that insane moment, Silent tried to push himself away from her, but Florida continued clinging onto him as if afraid he would leave her forever.

Her eyes silently begged him to take her away from all that death and violence she had unknowingly unleashed on the unsuspecting boys.

All Silent remembered before he carried Florida off, was Widow's angered screaming. 

She was shouting out every known expletive known to man as he ran off with a sobbing Florida.

He knew in his heart for some reason that Florida deserved better than that fate and he was intent on shielding her from any further damage to her delicate soul.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"..."

"I don't know what happened, I swear I didn't mean to kill them'--"

Florida started to sob again.

Silent's eyes quickly flinched unknowingly with a deep anger that he couldn't control and wanted to chase after the boys who tried to hurt her.

Even worse, he realized they wanted to defile his Helena. 

Omar, get a grip, this is all a bad dream. You are NOT this Paris individual. And Florida is NOT some chick named Helena.

His mind raced as he tried to reason with himself on how far he had fallen from the once compliant Silent. He was now AWOL and his life was turning upside down in an instant.

Silent's mind began to float into the void of deep guilt and thought of his sister Rita.

"Don't..." Silent realized he was thinking out loud and restrained himself.

"What did you say?" she implored cautiously.

"Nothing."

"..."

There was an unsettling silence. He was aware, but after his family died, he was never much for words anymore. After all, it was his big mouth that got his family killed.

Florida suddenly sat up and kept her stare on Silent. He felt uncomfortable and refused to speak. As if she were able to read his mind, she broke the silence.

"You're not much for words are you?" 

"No."

"Usually I'd be fine with that, but I really need to know what the plan is...please."

"I'm thinking."

"Please think quicker because we are about to end up in Canada if we keep going North."

"..."

Silent was becoming increasingly aware of Florida's constant gaze and shifted uncomfortably while keeping his eyes on the road.

"I don't know why I kissed you, but all I know is I didn't want to stop," stated Florida boldly.

Actually, I kissed you first and it was I who didn't want to stop, but so much for semantics. At least it was consensual.

"..."

Unable to keep the conversation going, Florida decided to reason with herself on her newfound powers. She was scared that her fears of her becoming something demonic and evil were now coming to fruition and it terrified her.

He then decided to break the silence this time, only because Florida's expression emoted panic.

"What happened?"

So he speaks.

"The boys were getting a bit rowdy and one of the assholes pushed Greta down. Oh my God, Greta!"

"Widow's with her. She'll be fine."

"Multiple syllables this time, I'm impressed." 

He grinned slightly.

Florida continued on, explaining the rest of the events.

"Now I'm a murderer." She looked down in sudden shame. She was no different from her mother.

"No, you were protecting yourself," assured Silent. He was trying his best to control his anger when his thoughts went back to the boys.

"Is that what you would've done?"

At that moment, Silent looked at her intently.

"I would've murdered them all if they ever touched you."

Her expression softened with a familiar feeling of trust, but then she realized, she didn't even know his name.

"What do I call you. I know you guys use a code name and shit so I figured--"

"It's Omar."

"Well Omar, something tells me we are going to find it hard to cross over to Canada. Knowing Priest, he's probably already flagged us to border patrol."

She was right, and he knew that already. Which was why they were headed to Portland instead. There was a known fence who owed him a favor.

The fence, who went by the name Orlando, was one of the punks responsible for his brother's death and he owed Silent his life.