She snapped her fingers and immediately my body felt too heavy like gravity itself became a thousand times heavier. I pushed against the force, only the end up on the ground, face first struggling to fight back. I heard Alaric cry out in pain as blood started to pour out of my nose and eyes, "Who... are you?" I struggle to say through gritted teeth looking up to the imposer getting closer. I felt her heel dig into my back grinding against my spine.

"I'll be asking the questions." She was going to break my back. "Where's the other demigod?" I said nothing. Even if I did know where Cecilia was, I wasn't going to tell whoever this was, "You're only hurting yourself. I have no qualms against you. I just need the demigod."

My vision was turning black but still I remained silent. I didn't care what happened to me, I wasn't going to put Freya or Cecilia in danger. Even if that means dying.

Freya

I crawled out of the giant crater I had created. Dirt covered my fingernails and dust powdered my body and hair as I stood at the edge of the crater and started down.

"That's one way to make it all end," I said to myself please by my work. Now that I was finally up top, I had control of all my elements, and I felt my strength coming back to me.

I never wanted to see this place again, I was ready to go back to Haven to deliver Phillip's letter and take a nice long nap. I still didn't know how to feel about Haven throwing people in Hades Playground. I wanted to give Haven and The Brotherhood the benefit of the doubt.

But...

After everything I just experienced, could I ever understand why? Even if they were using it as a jail, there had to be more humane ways. I thought The Brotherhood was supposed to be the good guys.

I turned away from the giant crater I just created and walked out of the forest. I stared up at the sky. Today the sky is nothing at all. It's like a child began to draw on it with a pencil and then erased it in a way that smudged and spread the grey. And all the while the rain streaks down, invisible until it hits the sodden ground.

I closed my eyes and breathed slowly and deeply. I let my tension flow out of me. For a few seconds, I felt pain in my back, but it disappeared just as quickly as it showed up. I opened my eyes as if I awoke from a deep sleep.

Okay. I'm ready to go back to Haven.

I needed to talk to Damon anyway. I had to know if he knew about The Elders throwing people into a pit of murderous demons. If people knew, they would have done something right? No one would just kill women and children so easily.

Right? I teleported back to Haven. Well outside of the Haven.

Damn, shields. Wait. Why are the shields even up?

Damon I called out. Nothing.

I put both of my hands on the force field and tried to push through it. The harder I pushed the more I felt my bones shaking at their core. Until my hand slowly phased through the invisible force field, I threw all my weight onto my hands. I can break through this. Just a little bit more! I felt my face stretch back like someone had placed a plastic bag over it. Almost there!

Made it!

I broke through, only to run full speed into the front gates of Haven. Jesus Christ, it was dark! Like I couldn't see five feet in front of me dark.

I pushed the gates open I turned back around to see the outside world had some light. But Haven was completely shrouded in darkness. I lit my entire arm on fire and held it out in front of me trying to break through the inky void that lay ahead of me.