15. Dreams

Being apart of the famous life, I never anticipated it for it to be this hard. Starting my new school now, it's like everyone acts as if I'm the actual star.

"It's crazy here," I told Sarah, "they can't believe Ivan had a daughter." I could tell my stories were really feeding her the hungry stomach of hers because she kept asking for more. It felt like I could go on about this city.

"How's Austin?" I asked nervously, hoping that she'd give me an actual answer. Besides everyone saying that he's fine, I never gotten an actual worthy answer.

"He's Austin. Always working and keeping himself busy."

That was all she had to say to make me feel relieved and somewhat peaceful.

"Do you still miss him?"

I thought to myself, did I? The amount of history we had and the way our society designed things to me. "If he had a choice, he wouldn't date Camila."

I pursed my lips and said nothing. Because I knew that already. I knew he would've chosen me but I wished I wasn't so dumbfounded. But I guess in life, you don't always get the answers you want.

"I suppose but — maybe I'm just not ready for a relationship in general yet. Being in New York is harder for me to adapt than you think."

But all she could do was laugh and I couldn't blame her. Truthfully, I hated being in New York. I wanted to go back to Texas and continue the life I had before it was interrupted.

"Hanna," I heard my mom call from downstairs.

I ran downstairs meeting with a small envelope with my name printed on it. On the corner, it printed Bryce Fashion Agency.

I looked to my mom and we both already know what was inside. I grabbed that letter and opened it in a hurry. I scanned through the words.

Dear Hanna,

We have reviewed your application to our agency. Bryce Fashion Agency is delighted to inform you that there will be a seat awaiting for you if you choose to accept this offer in Paris.

I read it out loud and looked up to my entire family. This was the best thing that could happen to me and I honestly don't know what was my reaction supposed to be.

Do I pick up everything and go across the world to pursue my dream away from my family and friends? Especially after I just finally get to see my dad again.

"Say something," I encouraged.

But it was silent. I felt my heart drop as if they don't support what I wanted.

"We are so happy for you baby," Ivan said.

Soon, my mom repeated the same thing. At this moment, the only people I needed to tell was my friends and — Austin.