13. My Blessing

"Is this your family?" The paparazzis screamed as we try to get passed into another car for us to get back to our official New York house.

"Yes, but I'll introduce them to you guys next time." My dad said as he let us inside the car first before he got into the passenger's side.

"I don't know why you would come back for us if you have created so much without us,"I said as I continued to stare at all his fans outside of this vehicle.

He looked back into the back seat and said, "I miss you guys."

Maybe his answer was real but it'll never be enough for me. The amount of pain that we went through without my dad has been horrible. Even telling people my dad was Ivan Montgomery was the craziest joke everyone in my school could hear.

I looked to my mom and she was the happiest as ever. I aspire to be as happy and as patient as her, that should be one of my top goals living in this huge city.

"I really want to be as known as this," Judith said aloud as she see all the people that are lined up to get a view of this car.

"You're known Judith, you're Ivan's daughter." I said while air quoting Ivan's name. He laughed but said nothing so I assumed he wasn't hurt by that.

I didn't know if I preferred the nobody life or the Ivan's life. Things just change very quickly and I looked to my dad. Maybe one day, one day I'll grow my love to him and finally be able to tell everyone that my dad is the most loving famous dad.

When we finally got out of the mess and arrived at our new house, it got surreal. It wasn't the biggest house but it was a lot bigger than the houses we lived in Texas.

"I've been dreaming of this day, decorating the room that I think you guys would be like. Change it by all means, it's your rooms." He said as he walked into his big music house.

When we first walk in, the first things you would notice would be all the crystal lights that just hangs from above. The amount of people that works under this roof is crazy and we go upstairs in these matte gray stairs.

"Hanna, your room is down the hall." He said guiding us both to our rooms. When I first entered, I didn't know weather I was happy or upset.

The entire room was pink and I had the beds with the cloth over the top. There were unicorns stuck on my walls and uncountable American dolls.

"I been having this room for you since I started music. I always imagined having you here but I was too scared to ever ask your mom for forgiveness. If I knew she would forgive me, I wouldn't have to wait all these years."

My heart sank and I didn't know how to feel. He loved and thought of me but I was still confused.

"You could've fought for me dad, that's all a little girl dream of." I said as my tears slowly escapes.

Before he could say anything, Judith runs into my room and was amazed at how beautifully decorated it was.

"Judith, lets just switch rooms. I don't want to bother with this one." I said as I leave. I look to my dad and just said, "I'm not a little girl anymore, I'm grown and hurt. There's a lot of things you missed out on."

I then walked over to Judith's room, it was more modern but a tiny bit smaller. I organized all the limited amount of things we moved from Texas to here. It was pretty empty but I definitely brought all the important memories back from home.

It made me start missing my friends so I texted the group chat again.

I texted, "I miss you guys."

It didn't take long before Sarah and Andrea replied, "i miss you so much too."

We later all got into a phone call and talked about the boys acting up.

"My dad made my room into a unicorn theme because he thought we were going to reunite years ago." I told them because I had no one else to talk to.

"Hanna, isn't that a good thing? He has been thinking about you." Andrea said.

"He thought about me but he didn't come find me. He didn't do his job as a dad, to protect and love me. He just built me a room that I could never sleep in cause I'm grown now."

"It's hard Hanna. I can't ever imagining growing up without my dad but maybe he was scared. Sometimes my dad would be scared to even give me flowers after we argue and I'd be scared we won't talk ever again," Sarah commented.

"But the difference is you were only scared for a few days. I was scared alone for a few years. I just really wished I had him, I thought of myself as a pretty good child."

Before we could continue our conversation any longer, I heard a knock at my door so I ended my call and welcomed the guest.

"How's this room looking? Do you want it to be bigger?" He asked.

My instinct reaction was to laugh, "please stop paying back all the time you left me by giving me gifts from the money you got by leaving us."

"Hanna, I just want to spend more time and know you better. I know I'm at fault."

"No dad, I just want to know what I did wrong. What did I do to deserve no one to give my Happy Father's Day cards to and why I had no one to call dad for the past years? What did my child self do?" I asked and started crying.

He wiped my tears and said something I been wanting to hear for the past years, "you were my biggest blessing and I was selfish to leave you and your sister."

"She still love you a lot so don't mess her up like you did to me. You have a chance with her," I said as I urged him to leave my room.